20 - 𝙱𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚝𝚜, 𝚃𝚘𝚘!

3𝕣𝕕 ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍:
𝔸𝕦𝕘𝕦𝕤𝕥:

Ashley Walker was lying down on her stomach as she flipped through her notebook with the blue flowers on it. She brought her attention towards the paper that was coming out from the back, quickly flipping all the pages over to see small little notes. They were the notes from when she was sick and the boys had wrote her get well soon cards on paper. Sighing softly, she closed the notebook and tossed it onto the floor before rolling off of her bed.

Today was the day that she had decided to meet up with Stanley. Out of anyone from the group, it had to be him. She had been blowing Richie off for a few days now after they had a slight argument. She heard knocking coming from downstairs since the door to her room was open, bringing her to her feet as she raced downstairs and ran towards the door. Yanking it open, she saw Bill.

"Oh, it's you.", She rolled her eyes in annoyance, beginning to close the door until he stopped it with his foot. She let out a deep sigh, pulling the door completely open as she stared at him. "What?"

"It got Beverly.", He replied to her in a serious tone, keeping his eyes focused on her to see if she understood.

"It? As in..It?"

"No, as in P-P-Pinocchio.", He rolled his eyes in frustration. "Yes!"

She turned her head to look towards her living room, quickly looking back towards him as she shook her head. "Bill, I can't go. I'm sorry."

"This is important.", He stared at her seriously, shaking his head in disbelief that she wasn't going to help.

"Calm down, lover boy. I'm just kidding.", She grabbed her shoes from beside the door and placed them on. She stepped out of the door, shouting, "Bye, mom! I'll be back soon!"

"Bye, honey. Be careful!"

"I will be!", She shouted back before shutting the door behind her. She sat down on the porch steps and began tying her shoelaces as she looked up at Bill. "So, when did It take Bev?"

"Today."

"Look, I apologise for what happened last month. It was very shitty and I was just in a mood because my leg looked like it got put through a blender.", She tied her last shoelace and stood up before flashing him a simple smile. "Ya know, for what it's worth, I think that this time away from everyone has really taught me a lesson."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yep. It taught me that feeling lonely sucks.", She giggled softly before hopping off of the last step, heading towards their bikes. Bill smiled softly as he watched her get on her bike.

"So, how's the leg?"

"I'm getting it amputated tomorrow. There's an infection.", She looked down as she frowned, causing him to roll his eyes. She glanced over at him. "Oh, shit. That one was for Eddie! I had lines for all of you for when you would ask about my leg. I used Eddie's!"

"W-What was mine?"

"I honestly don't remember.", She shrugged her shoulders. "Probably something along the lines of It's your fault."

"Funny.", He replied dryly.

"Really? Thanks!", She enthusiastically replied before they began pedalling away from her house, but then they passed Richie's house and she noticed that he didn't even stop. "What about Richie?"

"He's at the arcade."

"Oh..", She replied before going back to being quiet the whole trip to the arcade, which they got there about fifteen minutes later. Bill hopped off of his bike quickly, leaving Ashley to wait outside of the arcade for her friend and boyfriend. She let out a deep sigh as she saw the two of them finally come out a few minutes later, immediately locking eyes with Richie. She gave him a warm smile, even though she's been ignoring him for a few days. "Hey, Richie."