Prologue

F𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪 1989

"I heard he's got a small wiener.", Greta spoke up out of the blue, causing Ashley to look up from her book.

"Who?", Ashley wondered.

"Thomas Barley.", Annabelle Prescott spoke up alongside Greta. "It would make sense. Most jocks are quite short in that category."

"I'd be careful, Ashley. He seems to have the hots for you.", Greta snickered, causing Annabelle to chime in.

"Yeah, I even heard that he writes your name in his notebook."

"Oh, please.", Ashley grew rather annoyed by the gossip. "If anything, Thomas Barley is the least of my worries. I'd rather have one of the dorks slip me the hot beef injection than any jock that goes here."

"That's gross.", Greta snarled her nose at the mention of dorks and sex in the same sentence.

"Well, speak of the devil.", Annabelle smirked widely, leaning forward in her seat. "Here comes one of those dorks."

Ashley averted her eyes over to the front of the cafeteria. Her eyes landed upon Richie Tozier. She cursed at herself for even making a comment as she did before. Which, she knew what was coming next...

"So, you'd let him slip you the beef hot injection?", Greta quipped.

"Okay, first of all. If you're going to make a Breakfast Club reference, then you should quote it correctly. Second of all, hell no. I wouldn't let him anywhere near my naked body.", Ashley protested, causing the girls' lips to curve into a devilish grin. "What?"

"Nothing.", The two of them chimed, causing Ashley to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"I just thought that maybe you'd let him. Since, ya know, you both are assholes.", Greta raised her shoulders.

Ashley glared at her in disgust. If it wasn't for the fact that she's in public, she would've jumped over the table and fight the bitch. She'd make her beg for mercy. Unfortunately for her, she'd get suspended.

"Well, Greta. What I do, and who I do in my free time is none of your concern. At least I don't need my daddy to teach me how to perform sexual acts.", She grinned from ear to ear, standing up from the table as she grabbed her books. Greta's eyes widened in shock. Her facial expression changing to more of a pissed-off look.

"You bitch!", Greta snapped, slamming her hands on the table and shooting up from her seat. "You know that's not true!"

"I know. I just love getting a reaction out of you. It pleases me, really.", Ashley responded calmly, feeling eyes from all over the cafeteria land upon her.

"Well, at least my father didn't kill himself. Which, maybe you should learn from your father, right? Run away from your problems like he did. Like father, like daughter.", Greta crossed her arms over her chest, staring dead at Ashley in contentment.

"Ooh, ouch. You know that would hurt more if it wasn't for the fact that your mother drove your father into a mental institute for two years.", Ashley fired back, finally caving into her scandalous ways.

"Well, at least my father had more of a healthy mindset and didn't kill himself!", She shouted.

"Wow! There it is again!", Ashley finally shouted, causing Greta to jump slightly. Ashley had finally snapped. "Ya know, if you're gonna talk shit, Greta, then I suggest you come up with something better than that!"

Richie watched from a distance, sitting down beside his friends Bill, Stanley, and Eddie. He reached over the table, grabbing something from Eddie's lunch bag.