03 - 𝙽𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚍

𝕄𝕒𝕪 1989
𝔸𝕤𝕙𝕝𝕖𝕪'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍:
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎

"Wait, when is it due again?", I asked Stan from the other side of the room, looking through the books about his religion that his parents got him for his birthday awhile back.

"Thursday before class starts.", He answered in a serious tone.

"You realize that's tomorrow, right?"

"Exactly.", He sighed in frustration, "That's why we need to get it done now."

"Okay, okay.", I placed the book down, raising my hands up. "Just take a breath. We'll get it done, I promise."

He watched as I walked over to his bed, sitting down beside him while I took the science book away from him. I took one good look at the page that he was on, quickly glancing over at him.

"What?", He asked in amusement.

"This is.."

"What?"

"Well, this is pretty much bullshit.", I furrowed my eyebrows at the work. "Animal cells and plant cells? Why the fuck are they teaching us this so late in the year? This should be early on in the school year."

"Do you know the difference between them?", Stan asked me, crossing his arms as he smiled widely at me.

"Okay, so animal cells are animal cells. Plant cells are plant cells.", I cheerfully spoke in confidence as I slammed the book closed. "Now, where's that cookie?"

"You're proposing we should stand in front of the whole class and say that?", He giggled softly, causing me to giggle as well.

"Hey, that took a bunch of my brain cells to come up with that shit.", I retorted. "Besides, what is the purpose in knowing the difference if I'm never going to be a doctor or a scientist."

"Wow, it's so wonderful you're looking on the bright side.", He quipped.

"Hey.", I defensively replied. "I'm just stating what's true. I mean, do you know anything about it?"

"Animal cells don't have a cell wall. Most animal cells are usually round, while plant cells are rectangular.", He replied with a smile, causing me to scrunch up my nose.

"Okay, Stanley. Nobody likes a know it all."

"That would be Richie.", He was quick to reply.

"Well, you're not wrong."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Is everything alright in here?", Stanley's Dad opened the door, eyeing down the two of us as we sat on his bed.

"Yessir.", I replied with manner, causing his Dad to nod his head slowly.

"Alright, well you two should probably finish the project soon before it gets too late. I wouldn't want your mother to worry, Ashley."

"Alright, we'll try and get it done, Dad.", Stanley responded to his father, watching as he shut the door. Stan let out a small sigh.

"Hey, we'll get it done so he doesn't come in here again.", I quickly opened the textbook back to the page we were working on, causing him to nod along.

"Thanks.", He replied with a smile.

"Don't mention it, Stan."

"Seriously, you get me more than anyone else. I guess that's why we're the closest in the group.", He added.

"Well, I understand how religious Dad's can be. I should know, I had one.", I smiled at him, causing him to laugh slightly. "Now, chop chop, Stanley. Let's get this show on the road!"