Lycan Pass - Chapter 26

Hello, my beatiful, beautiful fans and friends! We're coming to the end of it all. The last few chapters will be posted in the next few days. WARNING: The beginning is really slow~ Sorry for that! Anyway, any form of motivational support is much appreciated! QuQ

_____________

       After I had finished off the soup and read all the cards, I was left with nothing to do.I tried taking a nap and quietly singing to myself, but nothing seemed to quell my boredom. I stared mindlessly at the mirror in the room as an idea began to form. I crept out of bed, gripping to the nightstand when the dizziness overtook me. When the earth stopped bucking beneath my feet, I shuffled over to the mirror. Surprise, surprise! There were hinges on the side. I pried open the side and was granted a blast of musty air. Double checking to make sure no one was watching, I slipped through the opening.

      I flipped on the flickering lights. The dank hallway was exactly like the path that was attached to my room. Cobwebs stuck to me and tickled my skin. I brushed them away, but they were soon replaced. Taking a deep breath of the stale air, I  started down the poorly-lit path.

      It wound through the walls of the Facility. Sometimes I would over-hear conversations, most of them uninteresting. I tried to block them out, but sometimes the words would slip into my ears. Most of it was inconsequential, but some of it was a little shocking. A girl told her friend about how much she "loved" Trevor, which stirred a bit of anger in me. Another confessed their doubts about my loyalty to the village. What really upset me was that they had some valid points in their argument.

      Eventually the tunnel merged with another and ended abruptly after. Judging by the marks in the dust, this was the entryway to my secret room. I smiled and pushed the door open. A trickle of sunlight greeted me.  My necklace grew warm over my breastbone as I entered the room. I grabbed a mirror that I had found in a previous visit to the room. There had been an idea brewing in my mind, and I was dying to try it.

      I set the mirror against the wall of the window seat and sat in front of it with my necklace in my hand. I willed it to glow brighter and stared into my eyes in the mirror. Images began to form in the reflection. The pictures were quick and blurry, difficult to grasp. There were flashes of white, splashes of red, blue eyes glinting. I blinked my eyes and the images disappeared, replaced by a new one: two Arctic wolves within the forest. One was laying in a crumpled heap, unmoving, while the other towered over it, muzzle dripping with crimson. The survivor turned and looked directly at me as I sat watching the scene before me.

      "This is what is to come. There will be death; this is unavoidable," Icarus' voice resonated in my head. I screamed and threw the mirror aside. It made a sharp crackling noise as it shattered into hundreds of pieces. I covered my ears and whipped my head about, looking for him.

      "Stop it! Leave me alone!" I cried. Why was this happening to me? Why could he reach me like this?! That image in the mirror... was it real, or did he just make it up? Am I really going to die? I sat there and sobbed, my head aching with pressure. Somewhere amidst the sounds of my own panic, I heard:

      "You can't fight fate, my dear child."

      I grabbed the nearest bin and puked.

_____________

OOOOOH! Someone's gonna get it~! This chappy was put together in one day, so if you spot any errors, please tell me!

SPECIAL GAME: I did this on another chapter and it worked out well, so I'll try it again. One of my favorite words is in this chapter. The first one to guess it gets the next chapter dedicated to them! Here are your hints: it's in one of the first 3 paragraphs, and it's long! Good luck!