Prologue.

[Picture on the side is Kaidence.]

I'm Kaidence Grey. I'm fifteen years old and gay. I'm also an orphan. I've been to over thirty foster homes, sent to seven different states in the time spam of nine years. A lot right? That's only because I don't live up to their expectations. Who would want a broken boy? No one of course. How could you interract with a boy who doesn't reply to you? No, I am not a mute but I see no reason for me to talk. It's a way of getting attached to people.

When I was younger I always got attached to my new foster parents. But as years went by, new faces and new places. I got tired of the heartbreak. So I decided to stop getting close to everyone I meet and become a closed book. One that no one can open but myself. Trust is another thing I don't like give away. I trusted those people, trusted my parents but it only resolved into tears and heartbreaks. I don't like to talk about my parents, I see no reason to.

Over the years I discover new things about myself. Good and bad. I learned that I can when I take my time, to draw. I taught myself how to play the piano and the guitar. I also know how to cook since in some of my past foster homes I had to fend for myself. Most foster parents are only in it for the money. I also learned that I have phobias. Not just random "Oh I'm afraid of spiders." Phobia. No. Ones that have meanings behind them.

Recently I've been having dreams, nightmares. Some that would have me waking up in the middle of the night sweating and screaming. I wouldn't just have those dreams or nightmares once. I would get them almost every night. It almost made me afraid to go to sleep or go back to sleep after they happen. My social worker, Annie, told my last foster parent to bring me to the clinic to get some sleeping pills. Pills. Pills. Pills. I'm tired of having to take pills. It's enough that I have to take anti-depressants, anxiety pills, asthma pills and inhaler, migraine pills and now sleeping pills.

Everything is fucked up and I absolutely hate it. I just fucking hate my life.

************************************************************************************************************A/N: NEW STORY ALERT, KIND OF. Not really. I'm just restarting one of my stories and making it better. So much better. I've been wanting to do this for a while and I'm glad I did. Let me know what you think, eh? Please vote and comment.<3