Ten.

-Picture above is the new and improved Kaidence-

*Kaidence pov*

I was shoved into a room, collapsing onto the floor as the door slammed shut. My skin scrawled, my bones ached and I was sore all over.

My thigh was messily bandaged up, thankfully the bleeding stopped ages ago. I was forced to drink Ren's blood. It was disgusting. He said it was the only way to heal me.

Getting up slowly, I carefully made my way onto the bed and curled up, closing my eyes.

I want out, I don't want to be here. Tears welled up behind my closed eyes, my lips trembling. Are they even looking for me? Will Julian find me?

Why does he feel so important to me? Whenever I'm around him my heart beats faster, my stomach tickles with butterflies and I feel..safe. I don't get that feeling when I'm around anyone else.

This whole vampire thing freaks me the hell out. What else is out there? Witches? Werewolves? Hybrids? Are any of the myths true? How is Julian walking in the sunlight? Does garlic affect him? What about crosses?

I sat up, cupping my legs to my chest. My head hurts from thinking.

But I can't help but think about what I did before. It was scary, don't get me wrong, it also felt great at the same time. I'm not entirely sure what an elemaerie is..But that's what I am. Does that also have to do with my weird, just about realistic dreams?

Everything is just so confusing right now and I don't know how I'm really supposed to be reacting to this.

But all I do know for sure is that I wish I was in my room at home. Hearing Julian and the boys act completely stupid with the aroma of Coral's amazing cooking.

Are they wondering where I am? Do they even care that I'm gone? Are they happy that I'm gone?

My heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest and at this point my tears were running down my face as I realized that there's probably no hope for me.

I'm stuck here with no way out, not one ounce of freedom. I'm totally, completely alone.

*Julian's pov*

"We're almost there." I said, the gang following behind me. Xavier, Dolton, Landon, October and Celeste were chit chatting about who knows what as we slowly made our way to our destination.

"He's probably frightened to death." Xavier sighed, catching up to me.

I clenched my fist. "Don't remind me."

The sun was slowly setting and the wind was picking up, the cool breeze relaxing me somewhat.

Up ahead I could see an old brown brick building, a mansion to be more specific. Kaidence has to be there.

Celeste magically appeared in front of me with her hand up. "Wait, we need a plan."

"We don't have time for a plan." I growled, walking by passed her.

She huffed. "Alright, go get yourself killed. Oh hey, maybe they'll even kill your precious mate."

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"That's what I thought." Turning around, I stood next to her. She leaned against a tree and nibbled on her finger.

October cracked his knuckles and directed a glare to the mansion. "Ren is mine."

"Xavier, you and Dolton take care of Cyrus. Landon, you're taking on Aña and Celeste, you're with me." I spun around. "Let's go."

*