Eight.

[Quickly Edited.]

*Julian's pov*

Morning at school:

"I can't believe you said that!" I said, laughing along with my friends. October just broke up with his girlfriend in the most unbelievable way.

He snorted, running his hand through his hair. "I can't believe I dated that."

"She was fucking weird, so I definitely agree with you, man." Xavier dropped in his two cents, shaking his head in amusement.

The bell rang, signaling that second period was over and it was finally lunch time. We all gathered our shit and went to our lockers, grabbing our lunch and going outside in the back.

"So, anything new about your mate?" I looked over at Dolton and shrugged.

"Nothing really, I mean, he did agree to go to that new Chinese restaurant downtown with me tonight." I replied, pulling out my thermos.

Landon grinned and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Congrats, dude!"

"Thanks." I sent him a smile before taking a sip of the delicious, red goodness.

"So I heard that-" Xavier began but the sound of my phone going off cut him off. I pulled it out, my eyes widening at the name on my screen.

Xavier's home.

The sound of the phone dropping and Kaidence crying out had me jumping out of my seat.

"Kaidence?" I said, my voice filled with worry.

October looked up at me, curiousity showing in his golden eyes . "What's wrong?"

I ignored him, keeping my attention to what's happening on the other end of the line. Kaidence let out a blood curling scream that sent chills down my spine and my heart racing.

What's happening?

"Kaidence, what's wrong? Answer me! Kaidence!" I shouted out, my hands moving around to gather my shit together.

"H-h..el.." His voice was no louder than a whisper before everything went silent.

I turned my head towards the group of boys, their faces showing concern and worry. "We need to leave. Now." As soon as those words left my lips, I ran, going as fast as my vampire speed could take me.

The wind blew in my face, my thoughts wandering off to the most tragic place it could go. Was he being attacked? kidnapped? Having a vision? ..Killed?

I kicked the door down, the scent of my mates blood was so overwhelming that my head began to spin along with my fangs that started to throb.

The trail of blood that started from the living room, made its way to the kitchen where my mates body was seizing violently. 

Kaidence was laying in a puddle of his blood, the red liquid falling passed his lips and landing on the floor.

I leaned down next to his body, ignoring the soft murmuring of my friends voices in the background and watched Kaidence as tears rolled down his face, his cries not even waking him out of his state.

*

Xavier clicked his tongue. "This has been going on for two hours, I'm worried as hell." I nodded, my eyes still lingering on my mates body.

Kaidence's body suddenly stopped shaking violently, his lips parting.

"J-Ju.." His voice was scratchy as he tried calling out to me. I quickly went over and kneeled right next to him. "J-Ju..li..a-an.." Kaidence's stunning blue eyes opened and tiredly scanned the room before settling them on me.