Six.

[Not Edited.]

*Kaidence's pov*

I groaned and sat up slowly with a yawn. With heavy eyelids I scanned the room, not remembering falling asleep in the first place.

My room was mostly dark but the sun shinned passed the curtains, allowing enough light to see.

Running my hand through my hair, I winced when I felt something scrap against my scalp. I pulled my hand back and stared dumbly at the ring on my finger.

The golden branch was holding onto the foggy diamond nicely. How did I..What?

I rolled my eyes and took the ring off, placing it on my nightstand. I barely remember what happened yesterday. Since I've moved here things have been strange and I don't like it.

I sighed as I walked out of my room and down to the kitchen. Xavier, Julian and some brunette lady were sitting down at the island with a mug in their hands.

"Good morning, mute. Sleep well?" I rolled my eyes at Xavier and proceeded to making myself a glass of coffee. Ugh, coffee is amazing.

I drummed my fingers on the counter, watching the coffee drop out of the machine and into the mug.

"Where's you ring, Kaidence?" I looked over at Julian and rolled my eyes with a shrug. My eyes guided themselves to the woman. She was very attractive if I may say. Her long brown hair was braided down and hanging down her shoulder with flowers twirled into it. She stared at me with her green eyes that had a tint of orange.

Too bad I prefer dick.

Her eyes widened slightly. "Oh how rude of me! My name is Celeste." I just nodded and grabbed my mug that was filled with deliciousness.

I left the kitchen and walked to the front door, wanting to see if the newspaper arrived. What? I enjoy reading it sometimes.

With another yawn and a sip of my hot coffee, I opened the door and walked out. I spotted the white rolled up newspaper near the mail box and walked up towards it.

I couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching me. I looked around the quiet neighbourhood and sighed, knowing I was just being paranoid.

Once I got back into the house, I made my way to the living room and sat down, reading the front page of the newspaper.

"Another animal attack this week."

I nibble on my lip as I continue to read the article. It says that it's the fifth one this week. Thank goodness there aren't any pictures in this story.

"Blood drained from their bodies."

"Punctured holes, ripped flesh."

"Could this be the start of something new?"

"Whatcha reading?" I turn around and look straight into Julian's eyes. Every time I look at him, I feel like I'm being sucked in. I feel this deep connection as if I've known him all my life, that I can trust him.

I shrug and tilt the paper up so he can look at it. He nods slowly and hums. "Be careful out there." His voice deepened and got more serious than I've ever heard it. I just nodded.

I reached over for my glass of coffee and took a sip, shifting myself so I can cross my legs.

"You're still not wearing the ring..Kaidence you have to wear it!" His voice was laced with worry and frustration. I looked over at my finger and shrugged.

In seconds the ring was on my finger. I gasped and pulled my hand to my chest.

H-how did he?