A Little Princess

****

Holly’s POV

I woke up and felt around in the bed, my hand landing on the chest of the person beside me. I suddenly remembered last night and lifted my hand up to his face, feeling the features of it, running my finger down the bridge of his nose. I didn’t know he was awake until I heard the chuckle he let out, making me jump in the process.

“You scared me!” I complained, hitting his chest and then leaning up and kissing him lightly.

Adrian kissed me back and then pulled away, causing me to pout. “Hey, none of that.” He told me. I smiled then laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. “Holly?” He asked me. He voice sounded nervous, but the pick up in his heartbeat confirmed that he was.

“Yes?”

“Thanks for last night.”

“Which part?”

“Since I can’t pick one, all of it.”

I had to laugh at him. Tilting my head up to his chin, I kissed it softly. “And thank you for last night as well.” I replied. I could still feel Adrian’s eyes on me and for some reason that made me anxious. “You’re staring.” I stated.

Adrian rubbed my back lightly. “I was scared when you weren’t showing up at school. I honestly thought your parents had sent you to that private school. And Holly… God Holly.” I heard him murmur.

My heart was bursting with both excitement and sympathy. “I’m sorry Adrian.” I told him softly, kissing him lightly on his neck and then cradling his cheek. Adrian turned his head and kissed the inside of my palm, making me giggle as the whiskers on his face tickled my hand.

We finally made it out of bed and down to the kitchen and Adrian made me breakfast. I would’ve never thought that after the things people said about him, that he would be able to cook. I soon found out that his mother died when he was really young, but before she passed she had taught him to cook. He just naturally assumed the position when she died to take care of his dad and his sister.

I soon found myself wondering if they’d always had money like they did now, but I figured it would be rude to ask.

I heard Adrian shift in his chair, breaking my train of thought. “You’re quiet. I’ve come to learn that when a woman is quiet, it might be dangerous.” He teased.

I turned my head towards him, wishing I could see him. “I was wondering if you’d always had money or if it was rather recent.” I decided that being rude was a good way to go for right now. I’m blind so it’s not like I don’t have an excuse.

Adrian laughed, making me swoon a little. God everything about this boy seemed perfect me. “It’s not recent. My father is a self-made millionaire.” He told me. I had to admit that it surprised me.

“What does he do?”

“Maybe if we continue like this, one day I’ll tell you.”

“You see this going somewhere?”

“Yeah, I do.”

God, I don’t know why you gave me such an amazing person, but thank you.

***

Adrian’s POV

I watched Holly debate with her self before she asked me the question.

“You see this going somewhere?” It sounded like hope was in her voice and her head was cocked a little to side. I realized that I felt the hope I heard in her in myself. Yeah, this girl was definitely bringing out the soft side of me.