Sweat, Dirt, and Hazelnut

New story! I hope you enjoy.

There is a picture of Holly to the right ----> 

***

Holly's POV

I woke up and noticed I had my head on my sister’s shoulder. I sat up and listened to my parents. “She’ll be fine at school. Erik and Abby will watch over her.” I heard my father tell my mother.

My mother sighed. “I just worry that they won’t accept her, John.” She said.

“Mary, you can’t keep worrying about her, Holly is strong and independent. She made her choice. She didn’t want to go to that school, she wants to be with Abby and Erik. It wouldn’t be fair to force her to do something she didn’t want to.” He replied.

I didn’t hear anything else from my mother, but the radio was cut on. After about 2 songs, I finally cracked.

“I don’t want you to worry.” I said softly. I knew I startled them because I heard my mother jump. When I heard her take a breath to reply, I held up my hand. “No, listen. I don’t want you to worry about me. I will be fine going to a public school. Erik wants to be on the football team and Abby is dying to try out for cheerleading. I want to be there to support them.” I said softly. “I can’t do that at a different school.” I added.

Abby took my hand and squeezed. “She’s right mom, I wouldn’t go to a school without her.” She told them.

I smiled lightly and squeezed her hand back. “Thanks.” I told her.

I could feel their eyes on me, all of them. “You have 3 weeks. If I hear that you aren’t fitting in or that you’re being bullied, I am pulling you out and sending you to Devon’s.” My mother told me. “We’re here.” My father added after that, the car turning and then coming to a stop.

“What does it look like?” I asked Abby, pulling my shades up onto of my head and getting out the car with her.

Abby squeezed my hand and I could almost feel the vibrations coming out of her. “It’s huge and beautiful. It’s like a cottage crossed with a mansion.” She described, walking me up to the house and up the steps.

I could hear shoes coming down the stairs hurriedly. “Hey guys.” I heard my brother’s deep voice. “Holly, your room is next to mine and Abby, yours is next to Holly’s.” He informed us.

I could here the excitement in their voices and I smiled at them. “Thanks. I think we’re going to like it here.” I told them.

***

It took 3 days for us to get settled and for Abby’s car to arrive. My parents had agreed to buy her one because we were starting a new school and it was our junior year and that was when Erik got his. Abby was finishing my make-up when our mom called up the stairs that it was time to go. I pulled on my cardigan and then buttoned it, walking to the stairs with her. “Crap, Abs, I forgot my glasses, can you grab them off the nightstand?” I asked.

Abby was already going back to the room before I even finished my question, replying with an “of course” and a smile. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, listening to my parents. The newspaper crinkled and I instantly smiled. “Morning.” I said to them, leaning against the doorframe.

I heard my mother sigh and I frowned. “What?” I asked her softly.

“You looked very pretty.” She told me, kissing my forehead.