Investing in the Racehorse.

Holly's POV

As Adrian pulled up at my house, he also tightened his grip on my hand. "Thank you for not judging me Holly." It was a quiet, almost shy gratification. I smiled and leaned across the console to kiss him, cradling his cheek.

"You can repay the favor by keeping me sane until my surgery. It's going to be the Saturday after school lets out at nine in the morning. So only two weeks and six days left." I joked.

Adrian laughed and got out the car, turning to help me out as well. "I'll be here the whole time, don't worry," he promised.

I was led the door and met by no one this time. "Whose cars are here?" I asked him.

I could hear the crinkling of Adrian's jacket as he turned to look into the driveway for me. "Mercedes and a Honda," he replied.

"Erik's gone then, do you want to come inside?" I asked, even I could hear the hope in my voice. I heard Adrian sigh wishfully. "It's okay, if you need to go help your father, I completely understand," I got out before he could say anything.

I felt him pull me into his arms and we stood like that for a little bit longer. "I have to go get some shipments with Saliotti today. I'm sorry, Holly. I'll call you later though and see what you doing and maybe then? Or maybe I can take you out on a proper date?" he offered.

My chest constricted at the excitement I now possessed. "I would love that. Be nice today at work and try not to injure anyone," I teased, but I had a feeling I should have portrayed that as a more serious statement.

Adrian pulled me in one last time, enclosing me in his arms. I took in his scent, smiling. "I'll see you soon," he finally said, letting go and opening the door for me. I walked into the house and closed it behind me, a huge grin spreading across my face. I listened to him sigh at the door before walking away from it. Hearing him get into his care, I silently wished that he would come back and stay with me a little longer. I did not move from the door or my silent wish until I heard his car pull out the drive.

"Holly? Are you okay?" I heard my very amused sister ask.

I laughed at what sounded like frustration and nodded. "I'm fine, Abby. Do you want to go shopping today?" I asked. I tried to remember the last time I'd been shopping with her and I slowly realized it hadn't since before we moved here. I didn't really like to go all that much anymore because I couldn't see what I was picking out.

Abby grabbed my hands and held them. "You really want to go?" she asked excited. I nodded and she squealed, hugging me. "I can tell while you like cheerleading so much now. I bet they don't think you're a freak when you do that," I said, making Abby laughed.

"I'm excited, we're going to get you back into the sport so that way when your sight is fixed, you'll be able to go as fast as I can."

After Abby helped me change, we headed to the mall in her Honda. "So, what are we looking to find on this particular trip?" I heard her ask.

"I want to be with Adrian before the surgery... as in to sleep with Adrian, actually. I've thought about it nearly every day since I've met him and I'm ready to take that step. Adrian has put so much trust into me by sharing things with me I would have never expected. I want to experience this with him before I can see again," I admitted.

I didn't need to see to be able to tell Abby was shocked. "Are you sure about this Holly? I mean, are you ready to go this far with him? You've only been together going on 4 weeks. I want you to make sure that this is what you want," she explained.

I smiled and took her hands as she parked the car. "I am hopelessly falling in love with him. He gives me hope at every chance. Kyle left me when he found out I was going to lose my sight. Adrian told me he would marry me one day and that was before I told him about the surgery. I can trust Adrian with this and four weeks is plenty of time to decide about this. It's not like we're running off to get hitched." I couldn't keep the happiness out of my voice.