you don't know what you've started

12:00 pm the next day

-Lucas

that night Maya and i just stayed inside not doing much. we talked about Cleo, she told me a few stories about her. i still can't believe i have a daughter that i didn't know about, being truthful, i'm scared to meet her. what if she doesn't like me or i'm not what she expected? what if Maya doesn't want to be a family or it doesn't work out?

i asked pappy joe to take care of the puppy since me and maya are leaving back for new york today. "ready to go to yours?" Maya asked as she zipped up her small suitcase, i had to go home and pack, i figured i'd stay around there for 2 weeks ish.

soon enough we arrived at mine, i was in the bedroom taking out clothes and placing them in the suitcase on my bed "i like how you have photos of us still in your room" Maya says as she picks one of them up "here this ones my favourite" i reply taking her hand and walking into one of the spare bedrooms showing a big poster size canvas that was hanging on the wall. it was a picture taken of me and her at high school graduation but instead it was a painted version, one that maya painted for me in college.

"you kept it?" she asked shocked "of course i did, it's amazing" i reply before heading back to my room and finishing packing. when i was done we called a cab to an airport and had lunch there "you ready to go" she said finishing the last sip of her coffee "yep" i replied standing up with her.

we walked to a secret gate and toward the private jet "holy fuck" i say staring at the interior, fully glammed out plane "yea i get that a lot. make yourself comfy" Maya said lying over one of the seats. i sat down across from her. we had small talk going and sometimes sat in comfortable silence.

once the plane took off i started taking out some billing information i had to sort out for the New York branch of the business "are you really doing work?" she asked peering over at what i was doing, i laugh "i need to get them sorted, i thought sitting down for 4 hours would be a good chance to" i reply "yea well guess what..you're boring" she laughs pouring her and i a glass of champagne "i swear you live off this stuff" i reply taking the glass from her making her laugh "can you blame me" Maya said with a smirk.

the plane soon landed and we were back driving through the crowded new york streets "have you missed it here?" Maya asked making eye contact with me "some things" i reply "not necessarily the place or city itself though" i continue, watching Mayas bottom lip catch between her teeth and turn back to the window to hide the pink shade her cheeks are turning.

"you ready" Maya asked standing at the bottom of her apartment building "nervous" i mutter under my breath, "don't be" Maya starts with a smile "she loves you already" she finished walking into the building. the elevator felt like it took forever to get to the top, but when it did it felt too soon. We stood in front of the door as she rummaged through her bag finding the keys. finally she found them and unlocked the door revealing the biggest apartment i'd ever seen with a big grand staircase right in the centre, to the left was a living room, to the right there were big double doors leading to a kitchen with glass windows surrounding the outer edge.

"Peaches your back already" Riley says excitedly as she made her way toward us, we gave her a hug and not long after Farkle appeared behind her "Cleos playing in her room" he said, placing an arm round Riley's waist. "well we're gonna go explore the city and leave you guys to it" Riley said kissing Mayas cheek and patting my chest as if she were saying 'good luck'

Maya and i walked further into the apartment, moving our luggage to the side by the living room "Cleo baby mommy's home" Maya called from the bottom of the stairs then making her way back to me, waiting for Cleo to come down "Mommy!" an adorable little girl screams making her way down the stairs. she leaps into Mayas arms, barely noticing the fact i'm here. i watch the way Maya interacts with Cleo and is makes my heart warm, you can really see how much Maya loves her.