fuck breakfast, maya

9:00 am

- Maya

i woke up early today, my flights in 3 hours so i need to get going. after lucas got into bed with me i slept like a baby, i really thought he was about to turn the light off then walk out the room. i've always had a fear of the dark when i'm alone, he knows that from high school.

i quietly make my way out of lucas' grip, picking up the dress on the floor and walking downstairs. i called a delivery service and got waffles, pancakes and fruit delivered for them. about half an hour later it arrives and i laid it all out on the table. I thought i could wait around for them but i really need to go and pack for the airport. A cab i called 10 minutes ago called me to say their here to take me to the hotel.

i leave the house quietly still trying to not disturb anyone which i did successfully and soon made it to the hotel room where i packed up my bags and suitcases ready for the plane then take them down to the rented car to drive it back to the airport. in the distance i heard faint revving which reminded me of Lucas, how much i'd miss him. once the bags are all in i close the boot and see him pulling into the carpark. the bike pulled up next to the car where he pulled his helmet off and hopped off the bike "you were gonna leave without saying bye?" he questioned sounded angry?

"i-i left you guys breakfast, you were all still asleep and i needed to go" i said trying to justify me leaving to which he scoffed at "fuck breakfast Maya, fuck being asleep. you know all of us would've been happy to wake up and see you off. what's the real reason?" he asks in the same angry tone "i don't know i just didn't want to say bye it's hard ok. it's hard for me to leave you again, leave riley and farkle, zay and Isadora" i said saddened by the truth. i watch as his face changes from angry to sad "then stay longer" he said taking my hand in his. as much as i want to, i miss my little girl.

"i'm sorry Lucas. i love you" i say kissing his cheek then opening the car door and driving off leaving him in the car park and going to the airport.

once i arrive and check in it's time to board the plane, as soon as i sat down i put my earphones in and stared out the window for the whole 4 hour flight. i just wanted to cry. i felt bad not saying bye properly but i just couldn't face it.

i got to my moms house around 4:30pm after stopping home just to get my car and drive back out to pick up Cleo. i was so excited. i pulled into the driveway and knock on the door "mommy!" cleo shouts happily running over to me "hi baby how are you?" i ask stepping inside the house "i'm good mommy. i wanna hear all about the wedding and daddy" she says yet again reminding me of lucas.

"hi honey" mom says to me as she gives me a hug "where's dad" i ask curiously "he's just at work he's finishing in half an hour" she smiles leading me to the living room where we sit with Cleo "so mommy how was daddy?" Cleo asked looking up to me with her big green eyes "daddy is good. we spent a lot of time together" i smile at the memories of the past 4 days "is he coming home mommy? will i meet him" she asks excitedly "yes love bug soon. go play with your toys i need to have a chat with nana" i say to her tucking hair behind her ears, watching her run off to her room

"so you told him?" mom asked curiously "mm no i couldn't do it mom i'm too scared. seeing him brought back so many feelings and seeing him with cleo would be too much. i'd ahead of myself and i don't know if i can handle it mom" i reply sad, she comes over and sits next to me "Maya bunny you know i love you but do you really think that's what's best for Cleo? she hasn't stopped asking about him the whole week. if i know lucas like i used to there is now way he would leave. i think your just scared it won't go the way you want it to" she says standing back up "and remember how you were before we met shawn. do you want her growing up like that?" she questions before disappearing into the kitchen.

she's right i'm being selfish. i should want what's best for cleo i don't want her growing up without her father.

- Lucas

"i'm sorry Lucas, I love you" and just like that she was gone. i love you too Maya.

once i made it back home i see Riley and Farkle still at the table eating breakfast "did you catch her?" riley asked hopefully "um yea i did but she had to go" i replied sadly "maybe it's for the best?" Farkle said earning glares from Riley "i-i just mean because you both love so far away from each other. it's hard to make it work long distance" he adds trying to justify himself, seeing riley relaxing again "i would move across the world for her Farkle" i tell him saddened by her absence

"anyway what are you two gonna do? what happens when you need to leave?" i ask making riley turn red, a smirk on farkles face "what-what do you mean" she stutters "what you think i'm stupid? sleeping at each other's hotels, staying in the same bed here when i have spare rooms, dancing and getting drunk last night?" i tell them, knowing they think they were being secretive "well we haven't really figured that out yet" Riley said looking down to her plate "actually i was hoping you would show me around Florida for awhile?" Farkle questioned. Riley's eyes lit up "yes yes 100 times yes" she excitedly said kissing his cheek. if only i could have what they have.

maybe they're right? if i was supposed to be with Maya would she have left?