Dinner

Trigger warning: Child abuse, negative thoughts, mentioned of killing and suicide, depression and anxiety, panic attack
Patton's POV
After the hug and kisses, I spaced out. I thought about that time and I knew that I needed to talk to Virgil.
At the bathroom door I knocked, there was no sounds, so I knocked again and whispered "Virgil?"

"Hey Virgil, it's me Patton. I wanted to check in before they come, see how you're doing."

I hear shuffling and the door unlocking.
Virgil had his classic hood up over his messy dark hair. I then noticed his eyes were red and puffy, from crying, the eyeshadow smudged.

"Virgey? Are you ok?"
"I'm fine."
"No your not, that's why I came over to see you. This is a big step, I remember when I was meeting their parents for the first time. I was a crying mess myself. Virgey, it's ok not to be ok." I pulled him into a hug, he was shaking in my arms so I gently sat him down on the toilet.
He was looking down, I kneeled in front of him and grabbed both of his hands in mine.
"Virgil, honey, could you look at me please."
I tried to put as much softness as I could into my voice. His beautiful dark stormy eyes met mine, and it hurt to see the pain there. All I wanted to do was take Virgil away from all the pain.
"That's it. Now if this is too much we can cancel."
He shook his head then muttered, "I don't want to be a burden and a waste of time."
"You aren't a burden and it's totally fine if you change your mind."
"No it's not, you guys spent so much time preparing for the meal, not to mention your parents coming all the way over to be disappointed."
"They will understand and what about your parents? Aren't they coming?"
Virgil was silent, bringing his head down
Not completely knowing the situation, Patton sat confused. Until it hit him, he was better with reading emotional situations where Logan was better at reading factual situations.
"They can't come can they?" Patton asked hoping that he found out what made his Virgil so upset. When Virgil remained the same, he hoped he got it right.

(When you cant remember if you killed off his parents or not so you have to reread the beginning lol)

Virgil's POV
I didn't know what to say! I need to tell them!
They will just pity you
Everyone would look at you different
They would hate you for lying
SHUT UP

I then did the only thing my panic stricken brain could think of and that was saying
"Yeah"
I looked up to see Patton giving a sad smile
Good job you made literally happiness sad
"That's a bummer, I think everyone was looking forward to meet them. Maybe another time."
"Yeah"
"Thank you for talking to me Virgey. Now are you ok with dinner?"
I nodded while giving a little yes
"Ok, well I have to finish a few more things and you can freshen up if you want. Ok?"
"Thanks Patton."
"Of course, Virgey." Patton smiled at me and when meeting those beautiful eyes, I smiled too.
Patton gave me another hug and he left me alone in the bathroom with my thoughts. I sighed then started to fix the mess that was called my face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time Skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I was done the doorbell rang. I looked at myself one more time, taking a deep breath, and left the safety of the bathroom.

I saw Patton, Logan, and Roman taking to three groups of families. Patton then noticed me and brought the attention of the people he was with.

"Virgil! These are my parents! Mom and Dad this is our fourth soulmate Virgil!"

"Well hello Virgil, it's nice to finally meet you. Patton has told us quite a lot about you." said Patton's mother. She had the same hair as Patton, though it was more brown, to her shoulders. She had dark blue eyes and a fair amount of freckles. She wore a pastel blue blouse with flowers and black dress pants.