Light at the end of the tunnel

You here that classic saying, the light at the end of a dark tunnel

You feel like the darkness consumes you, with no escape

Yet the pinprick of light guides you, it's supposed to represent hope

Yet when you walk for so long in the dark, with your demons, the light burns

Your hope is the cause of pain now

Virgil can't remember the journey of starting in that dark, bleak tunnel.

He used to be afraid of the dark as a kid

Now, well he's gotten so used to it

Virgil gave up hope that he'd ever escape from the darkness that surrounds him

So when he met his three soulmates, he thought they would drive him more into the darkness, but they actually did the opposite.

They introduced light

They brought the light at the end of the tunnel

It took time, though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Virgil had no clue why he texted back, all he knows is that it felt right.

Virgil didn't slave over the text as well, he simply typed it. He also didn't feel major anxiety after texting it, he felt almost a sense of calm, something he has never really felt before. When he went to bed, he had a smile upon his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Virgil still suffered from nightmares, it seemed like that would never change.
Yet Virgil was sort of excited to meet up with his soulmates. The word still foreign to his tongue, but he knew he needed to try and suppress the fear and pain that came with that word.
Why bother? They don't care about you
But they seemed to care when they were texting
They acted like you weren't even there!
To their point of view I wasn't there

The voice was silent. Virgil smiled to himself. For once in his life he 'talked' back to the voice. He stood up to the voice in his head.

So, Virgil went on through his day hoping it will be a good one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Virgil did actually pretty good throughout the day.  Even when it came time to meet up with his soulmates.
Virgil got a thought that maybe he would talk to someone.
He was so scared that he would mess up, that they would leave him like everybody else, but Virgil wanted this to work.

He wanted love, he wanted happiness.

So Virgil showed up to the meeting spot super early. He was just so anxious, so he grabbed a book he was reading(but never really had time to) and started to read.

Though Virgil was so anxious that he couldn't really focus on the words and so he just ended up online, searching up his feelings and seeing if anybody else has experience this and if so, what they did to help calm the nerves.

He fell in a rabbit hole of anxiety and depression and soulmates, that once again he thought of talking to a therapist. Other people who have been in similar situations as him or feeling the same way he has, all have said that therapy really helps, especially if it's a good one.

Now this is not the first time Virgil has thought about therapy. He has always been too scared to take the first step, always being in self-denial , telling himself that everything is ok, when in fact it was far from it.

Yet three people that he only have met about a week ago, is some how giving him courage to do things he never thought possible.

The light at the end of the dark, dark tunnel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry this is so late!
A little FYI if you are battling with any type of mental illness, I highly recommend that you see a therapist. The process takes time, it's not easy.

It's truly a battle and everyone experiences it different. I have bad days and I have good ones.

I hope everyone has a great day! 😊