Virgil's very bad day

Before Virgil knew it, after days of working and doing school work and panicking, it was Monday. He didn't want to go to his english class at all. He didn't want to risk seeing them, but he needed this class and to pass it, which meant he had to go. So he grabbed the necessities for that day and began his walk towards his doom(dramatic much lol).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Virgil got to his class, he tried to control his panic. He went hopefully inconspicuous when choosing his outfit, pretty much just all black. He pulled his hood down more and as fast as he could without drawing attention, he went to the back corner desk. He got there without a problem, and once seated he let out a breath that Virgil didn't know he was even holding. Virgil decided to draw a little bit before class started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When class started, Virgil thought it would be like the other days, either reading or talk about the reading and write a report. It wasn't any of those things today. Instead, Professor Kiki,(one of Virgil's favorite Professors think of the really fun one, but actually teaches things) decided to ruin his day.
"Today we will get into groups assigned by me and read a book called The light by the fireflies (not a real book that I know of). It's based off of soulmates. We will have groups of different pairs of soulmates because not everyone has the same view of soulmates as you do. I could read out all the names but I don't want to lose my voice so I'll just pass the list around and I'll pass out the books."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was about 30mins it seems until the list got to Virgil. When he got the book, he tried to read it, but his anxiety of working with a group made him not able to concentrate. He was rereading the first line for about 50 times before he had enough and simply closed the book.
When he got the list he didn't want to read it, but he knew he had to. He took a deep breath and looked for his name.
"Virgil with..."
Oh god
No
Nononononononononononononono
This can't be happening
Of fricken course this would happen
When did I ever get a break!
On the list was Virgil with Logan, Patton, and Roman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note
Thank you everyone for the love and support I've been getting for this book! Also thank you for the love and support and understanding that I've been getting when I haven't been able to upload when I wanted to (every weekend)
I also noticed that I changed the Professor name lol. So I'll probably fix that. I hope u all enjoy this chapter and hopefully I'll have a new chapter next week