CHAPTER NINE: Insane

Rye

They thought I was out of my mind. I locked myself into my room when we got home from Simons house and I wouldn't come out. They knew I wasn't sick though, they could tell it was something else that made me throw up and it was.

"Rye please come out." Andy knocked gently on my door again. "What's wrong?"

I didn't reply, to panicked to do so, but he could probably hear my heavy breathing.

"Rye! Are you okay?"

Andy would have slammed this door down if I didn't open it. I had to tell him no matter how worked up I was about it. I opened the door and pulled Andy inside.

"Listen, Andy," i held him close to me. "I-I need to tell you something."

"Alright, okay, why are you so overwhelmed though?"

"Because it's important. Very important."

"Okay but can you calm down first-"

"Simon is a murderer." I spat it out.

Andy shut up completely and it took him a while to comprehend what I just said. then he laughed as he said, "What... Rye what are you talking about? Are you actually crazy."

"I'm not crazy Andy!" I snapped. "He's a fucking murderer and he's killed three people already and you're next!"

"Rye what the fuck!" Andy argued back. He wasn't buying it. "How could you say something like that?"

"Because it's true! I'm not lying Andy, I swear on my life."

But Andy only scoffed. "Prove it."

"What?"

"Prove that you're not lying. Tell me how Simon is a murderer."

"Andy I..." I trailed. I didn't have prove with me but it was in Simons room. "There's this bag. A big blue bag in Simons room under his bed, I saw it with my own eyes! I-it has a notebook init with all the details of the three people he's killed. You can even go check his room Andy. he's a killer."

"Rye this is," Andy shook his head. "This is so ridiculous. I'm disappointed in you." And he walked straight out of my room.

"Andy!" I hollered after him. "Andy please, you have to believe me!"

But he got to his room and slammed the door shut, locking it.

Andy

Simon? A murderer? Impossible.

Rye was out of his mind.

Simon is the nicest person I've met. I actually have a chance with him and then Rye has the audacity to tell me he's a killer?

Hell no.

I won't believe that. I refuse too.

"Andy please!" He was knocking constantly. This didn't make sense. Simon couldn't be a killer and I was gonna make sure of that.

Next day

"Hey Simon." I called him first thing in the morning. "Can I come over? I have something crazy to tell you."

"Sure! When are you coming?"

"Um... 30 minutes."

"Oh okay, well see you then!"

"Yeah, bye."

I ended the call and began to make my way downstairs, exhausted from last night and all the yelling between me and Rye. I didn't wanna face him. But to my luck, I did.

Rye appeared in the hallway and quickly pinned me against the wall. Although before he could get a word out, I spoke first.

"I'm going." I admitted. "I'm going to his house and I'm gonna find how much of a liar you are."

Rye only stared at me and I have to admit, I did feel bad calling Rye things like liar. I've known him my whole life, he wouldn't lie to me... but he is. He has to be. And I have to figure out why.

I pushed him away and strolled down stairs where the boys seemed so confused but they didn't question anything. The business was between me and rye, not them.

"I'm going to Simons." I announced. "after breakfast."

But the more I thought about it, I wasn't hungry. Just more curious. So breakfast I skipped and ran out the door with my shoes and jacket.

Getting to Simons house, I ran upstairs as soon he opened the door.

"Andy what are you doing!" His voice came after me, and if I listened closely, there was a bit of panic in it. At least it sounded like it.

When I was upstairs, there were so many white doors. "Which one is your room, Simon?"

"Why-"

"Just tell me!" I snapped. Simon quickly pointed to the third door and I scrambled inside and looked under the bed to find out there was... absolutely nothing.

I knew it. No blue bag. No nothing but a normal teenage room.

Might as well check the other rooms to prove rye wrong. So I went around, searching all the other rooms upstairs for a blue bag but I found nothing.

Sighing, I sat down on the bed in the last bedroom I finished checking. "I probably look crazy right now." I explained. "But, um, Rye accused you of being a murder."

Simons eyes went dark. "Why... why would he possibly think that?"

"That's what im trying to figure out. He said there was some, I don't know, blue bag and that you've killed three people... I know, he's insane!"

"What the actual fuck!" Simon snapped.
"Do you want me to talk to him-"

"No! No... I'll deal with it." I sighed again. "Just know that, I don't think you're harmful."

Next chap, guys, is gonna be totally worth it.