CHAPTER THREE: Happy birthday

*The hospital*

Andy

"Good news," the nurse walked out of the room. "His arm is not broken, only fractured it."

Sighs of relief instantly escaped the boys mouth and we rushed past the nurse into the room jack is in. I sat in a chair staring at Jack with a blue cast around his arm.

Brooklyn is an idiot.

"Were glad it's not broken," I exclaimed with positivity.

"But it still hurts like hell," Jack grumbled, giving Brook a glare who was standing across the room afraid of Jack attacking him.

Brook mumbled a small 'sorry' making Jack soften up.

"It's alright, Brooky. Mistakes happen." he sighed. "Like you existing."

We all fell into a laughing fit, pointing at Brook.

"Shut up, Jack." Brooklyn chuckled, being confident enough to stand next to him now.

The laughing continued for the next two minutes before a nurse entered the hospital room.

"What's all this laughing about?" She asked whilst causally writing things down onto a sticky note pinned to a clipboard.

"Nothing good, really," Rye replied with a grin.

"Alright, whatever you say." She gave us a fake cautious look before handing Robbie the sticky note. "I've just written down the treatments for Jacks arm just in case you forget one of the steps."

"Okay, perfect! Thank you." Robbie said with enthusiasm like the kind gentleman he has always been. Or the better Beaumont, as some like to say.

"Yeah, no worries!" She turned to Jack. "You can go home now, Jack. It was nice having you."

Jack stood up from the hospital bed, flicking his hand at brook when Brook tried to help him stand up.

And before we knew it we were back at the flat getting ready for bed a few hours after secretly planning Rye's birthday party when he was taking a shower.

Rye

I turned the lamp on, slid my glasses on and held up the book I'm currently reading to my face.

I liked reading a bit before going to sleep because it helped relax and clear out my brain so I could fall asleep since most of the time I couldn't.

But shortly I felt my eyes slowly shutting themselves, no longer capable of keeping me reading.

I folded the corner of the page I'm on before closing the book and gently placing it on my bedside table. I proceed to take my glasses off and just as I was about to shut the lamp off, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in," I said tiredly which made my voice groggy.

There was a long pause before through the door came the most expressive eyes, expelling the last of the night's sleepiness from my mind.