Chapter 7 - The Queens beginning

"Uhm... ok... I'm-" you sigh and take in a deep breath... "I'm in!" The group smile before you... little did you know this would be the beginning of many trials.

~~~

"Come on, Y/n!" a frustrated sigh escapes your lips. In front of you was coding that you didn't understand yet Charlie wanted you to recode it and send a package to her house.

"Charlie, I can't do it I just don't understand!" She groans and tells you to piece it together.

"Look, if you want to join you have to learn how to code for yourself and how to make poisons and use weapons and the such, you'll learn but you have to try," This has been going on for about a month, you and Charlie playing teacher and student. This was much harder than anything you've done before so it was going to be a while. Taking in the information you piece together the next part of the coding.

"Wait... can't I just do it like..." You type in your own way, Charlie looks at you confused but her eyes widen as you type down layers of coding that made much more sense to you. "Wouldn't this be easier?" She pushes you to the side gently and pressed enter on the keyboard. Popping up was a green tick sign that said 'package route changed'.

"You... you just discovered a new line of coding! This is amazing, Y/n!" Smiling you sit back and relax feeling satisfied with the results.

~~~

"Chemistry... Any good?" You nod, excited, finally something you understand. Mathew layed out an equation in front of you and you smiled. "Now this takes me about 5 minutes to complete so i'll start the timer and you can go ahead," Mathew starts the timer and you begin. Scribbling down numbers and letters you figure out the formula just as Mathew says. "I'm just going to get some water... I'll be right-"

"Done," You put the pencil down and look up at him smirking. "5 minutes? My my how sad that must be," Laughing, he grunts and takes out the answer, skimming through your writing he rolls his eyes.

"You got it right... god how smart are you?" You smirk, taking the pencil you poke his nose and reply.

"Smarter than you obviously, what's next?" He smiles, you walkover with him to his closet. He opens it up and gestures for you to walk in with him. You awkwardly glance at him before taking a step in, following him behind a bunch of clothes through the darkness you saw light behind a small door. "Ok this is becoming creepy, Mathew, this is like that book Coraline," he chuckles and opens the door to reveal a secret room lit up by a hanging lamp. Bottles of chemicals lined a wall and equipment were scattered along the long table with books and pencils alongside it.

"There isn't another mother here, don't worry," you sigh dramatically in relief, snickering then standing upright.

"Do your parents know about this?" He scoffs then shakes his head.

"You think they'd care for this sort of stuff? No chance," you smile and run your fingers on the labels of each bottle. Acids and Alkalis, poisons and antidotes. Thoroughly impressed, you grab one bottle that said cyanide.

"How'd you get this stuff?" Mathew grins and shrugs brushing the question off. You hum and put the bottle back, you reach for another bottle but his hand touches yours as you both reach for it. You blush and seize back your hand. He grabs the bottle quickly, looking away and back at the table where he placed the blue liquid.

"I-I'm going to teach you how to create a drug that I made myself, not lethal but will knock you out," your eyes widen in shock but you slowly nod your head and allow him to continue.

~~~

"So what are we doing now?" Currently, Ally was sewing a blue dress with a white apron. She mumbles a few words, the needles in her mouth restricting the sound. "What?" She takes out the pins and places them quickly all over the dress.

"I said we're making sure your outfit fits," you cock your head to left and look around the room as if another person was there. You point at yourself and mouth 'me?' She nods while snickering. Going to her closet she takes out a beautiful red, black and white dress. The skirt was embroidered with hearts and gold lining and a flowing piece of silk ran down from behind like a short train, the red shoulderless top was adorned with lace and a giant heart, as for the sleeves the material was black silk. The fabric was soft and comfy, it was a jaw dropping job well done. A smile plastered Ally's face, your reaction was priceless and exactly what she was looking for! "Close your mouth silly and go try it on!" Giddy, you take the dress and enter the perfectly white bathroom attached to Ally's room.

"Oh my god," you sigh in astonishment at the fitted uniform you were given. The perfect lace trim looked amazing on you and the skirt was just the right length, the silk train complimented your shape, everything looked just right.

"How's it going?" You quickly exit the bathroom and spin around in front of Ally.

"It's perfect!" She giggles with glee and looks around before taking off the dress on the manaquin.

"One second!" She runs past you and locks the door, you sit down on her bed and smile, playing with the soft fabrics, only a few moments later Ally exits and copy's you by spinning around. "What do you think?" You take in the satin dress she stood in, it looked better on her than on the manaquin. Smiling at each others reflection side by side it was a successful day even though you did nothing...

~~~

Walking out of your English class you scan the halls to see if you could spot your best friend, Mr Jim Moriarty. You mindlessly walk the halls of the upper corridor, looking for Jim. After putting your things away you continue your search, deep in thought. "Where could he be-"

However, your thoughts were pushed away when you bumped into someone, their books fall to the floor. On the floor behind the scattered books you see a pair of white and red sneakers... only one boy who goes here has those sneakers. Cringing, you look up to see Greyson fuming, steam practically coming out his ears. "Oh you're going to get it now, L/n," yelping you run the other way, towards the courtyard. Dashing passed students your blood pumped, seeing the door you push through, looking back you see Greyson and his goons hot on your trail, you would've gotten away if you hadn't bumped into something... more like someone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see where I was-"

"Hey, weirdo! Got you now!" You turn around to see them closing in on you. You get pushed behind the person you bumped into "Leave her alone, Greyson." You slowly back away.

"What you gon' do 'bout it?"

"Not much except tell your dear friend, Blake, that you've been more than likely sleeping with his oh so innocent girlfriend," Greyson's face fumes and turns a dark shade of pink, his arm raises punch swings at his face. You try to warn him but before you could he dodges the punch and Greyson falls to the floor. "Leave her alone," you finally got a look at the person to see it was the curly haired boy in your classes. He grabs your hand quickly and you dash towards the school. Once in an empty classroom you catch your breath.

"T-thank you..." he looks back at you, a dull look on his face as his eye bore into yours.

"William," he holds out his hand and you shake it. You smile and reply with your name.

"Y/n..." suddenly the bell rang and a teacher entered the room.

"What are you two doing here? Get to class!" You both nod your heads and dash out the door, sigh you turn around to thank William once more but he seemed to have disappeared.

"Odd..."