Back From the Dead

I had moved passed from Kilgrave, I did my best to forget it tool. But he still haunts me. The way he treated me like a toy for months. I barely slept because of him, telling me to come back to him. Kilgrave is dead, I saw it. It has been months and I still was feeling weak from him. Drinking seemed to be the only thing that helped. Locking the door behind me, I turned in the lights. Hearing a rustle, I readied myself for a fight. 

"Hello?" I called into the darkness of the rest of my apartment. 

Feet shuffled and someone cuffed my hands, covering my mouth. Sure, I have super strength, but whatever this was, it was too strong for me. 

I groaned, trying to stand, but I couldn't. Blinding, I found I was locked up in a cage. 

A sleazy laughed entered the room. "Good morning, sunshine." 

"Hello, Jack," I coldly replied with an irritated smile. 

"You've been gone for so long. I sure have missed my favorite pet," he purred, touching my hair. "Come on, aren't you going to talk? To me how much you missed me? I mean, you did have the chance for revenge, but you walked away." 

I spat in his face. "Because I am not a monster, like you!" 

Jack stepped back, wiping his face, laughing like a freak. "Do you know what I am going to do to you? Now that your boyfriend isn't here to control me. Oh, we will have such have fun." 

First, he injected me with many injections. His goons kept me in line when I would act out. They knew what they were doing, this time. 

Jack gripped my hair, pulling my head back. "Let's say we try something new, huh?" He had me in the right position, stabbing a saturnine into the side of my neck. 

I winced at the gab. "Ah, you bastard!" 

"uh, you can do better than that, my sweet Juliet," he smiled, patting the side of my face roughly. "Now, we will let that sink in for a moment." 

"When I get fire, I will roast you alive," I huffed as my breathing began to get heavy.

Jack chuckled. "I will see about that." He stepped before getting in my face. "Let's see, what can we say to get that pretty little head twisted. Hmm, maybe something about that boyfriend." 

I growled. "He was not my boyfriend! He stole me, just like you! But he hurt me."

"So you wouldn't mind me telling you what I'm going to do to him when I find him. You see, for taking me, I'm going to break his legs. For stealing you, I will carve out an eye. Oh, and this is my favorite part," Jack purred, playing with my hair. "You and I will have some fun, making that boy of your watch. Then my boys will torture him, making you watch."

I screamed, "No!" I felt my body temperature rise. "You won't hurt anyone, not anymore! And you will not hurt Kilgrave!" I shouted, breaking free from my binds. 

I gripped his shirt and felt a fire startup inside me. Jack screamed for help because he was weak. 

"Stop!" A voice shouted. 

I looked up and smiled in relief, Kilgrave. 

"No, you're dead." 

Kilgrave laughed. "Then why am I standing here, huh? Now shut up, I am here to talk to Juliet."

I threw Jack to the ground. "I saw you die," I muttered. 

Kilgrave shook his finger at me. "You saw me get hit by a bus and you didn't stay to see if I was fine. You know, that hurt me. You leaving."

"What?" I whispered, completely failing apart. "I hurt you because I left. Because I was trying to save myself?" 

"Oh, come on, you had to know I was coming for you. I have been keeping my eyes on you, I will admit that," he said softly, walking closer to me. 

I gave a sigh, "what are you doing here then? You can't control me." 

Kilgrave shoved his hands in his pockets. "I have absolutely no intention of controlling you. I want you to act on your own accord."

I kicked Jack. "How? Why are you here, to torture me, as Jack did?" 

"Juliet, why would I do that?" He sighed, stepping closer to me. "I love you, Juliet. I am the only one who matches you. Who challenges you, who'll do anything for." When I didn't answer, he got closer, taking my hands in his. "I know. I realize this will take time." Kilgrave looked me in the eyes. "But I'm gonna prove it to you."

"You've never loved anyone if your life," I spat back. 

"Do not presume to know..." Kilgrave started to yell but calmed down. "Before I met you, I got everything I wanted. And I didn't realize how unsatisfactory that was until you left me to die. You are the first thing, the first person I ever wanted that walked away from me. You made me feel something I had never felt before. Yearning." He reached up and gently touched my hair, playing with it a bit. "I actually missed you." 

I shrugged him off. "You got me." 

Kilgrave backed away, shaking his head. "No, I don't. I'm hoping you'll choose me just like I've chosen you. I believe you will figure out the same thing I did. That we're inevitable." Kilgrave bit his lip. "I will send you a present later. So when you are ready, I will see you at home." 

He then left after telling Jack and the boys to shut everything down, ordering Jack and the boys to throw themselves at the other monsters they tortured.