Perfect Day

HEllo guys, Happy New year!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Vennela and Jai were sitting on the rocks on the outskirts of the village.

"We are getting married in two days."

"Hmm.."

"Vennela.."

"Hm..?"

"Are you really happy?"

Vennela frowned at him and gave one smack behind his neck making him choke.

"Vennela? I asked a genuine question."

"You were the one who cited uniting Athaiyya mavaiyya as a reason for our marriage. Not me!"

"I at least gave a reason. You are yet to tell me anything!"

He said as he turned, taking in the fresh air of the hills surrounding.

"Tell what?"

"About why you are marrying me? You are always hitting me, frustrated with me. So I would like to have a proper reason for you marrying me."

"Ahan?"

"Yeah.."

"First tell me this. How did you come exactly on the day of my pelli choopulu with that American idiot?"

"Didn't you call Amma? Ouch! Vennela?"

She gave one smack to him and made him frown.

"I mean, it was a week since I left and how come you did not come early. Why exactly on that day? Are you some kind of cinema Hero?"

All Jai could do was laugh loudly to his heart's content. Vennela frowned.

"Vennela.. You know only you can say something like this with such an expression."

"And is that wrong?"

Jai shook his head and tried containing his chuckle.

"Nothing wrong."

"So answer me."

Jai just smiled irking Vennela more. But before she could smack him again he pulled her close to him.

"The week since you left.."

"Hmmm.."

"I felt like I was in some canning factory."

"Whaaaa.. BAVA!"

Vennela grunted.

"Okay okay. Now listen."

Vennela sat up and listened with full attention.

"The week made me realise what would be of me without you by my side."

Vennela looked at him without blinking. She was staring at him. Continuously!

"Okay.. Now will say something or keep staring creeping me?"

Jai frowned.

"Bava.. do you realize.."

"What?"

"This is almost the second time you have said something so good!"

"Almost Second?"

"Yeah!"

"Vennela.. Whaa.."

"Of course I am talking about the wonderful proposal you put forth!"

"But almost?"

"Well.. That was my line. All you did was use it at the right moment. So yeah.. Almost."

Jai just chuckled, shaking his head.

"You know.. You are mad!"

"You are no less."

"Thank you"

"Oh no.. Amma will go bonkers. It's our wedding in two days. We are pelli koduku kuthuru. We are not supposed to be out of our house! AND WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO MEET!"

Jai chuckled again.

"Vennela.. We are not supposed to cross the village border. And we live in the same house. We would have met anyway. Relax!"

"That would have been a coincidence. Not deliberate."

"How many coincidences would that be?"

"That is not the point!"

"Okay.. Lets go.. All right?"

"Urhhh.. What a man!"

"What?"

"Nothing! Let's go!"

Chuckling he followed her.

The D Day broke out beautifully. Jai could not contain his happiness. He was getting married to his love, who was a little mad, but that was perfect for him. Then he had a wonderful big, jumbo family and his parents were together and happy. His life was set.

HE sat in the altar with a big smile on his face that reflected in every face around him. Mainly his parents.

And then, he looked straight as his bride came and sat beside him. Darn it. She was so beautiful as it is and now she was decked up as his bride. In all yellow, and simple hair do and she was glowing with that big smile on her face. HE couldn't reside. He slowly brushed his toes to the underside of her foot that was looking at his side making her jump and look at him with her eyes narrowed.

All others who did not understand what actually passed here, looked at Vennela with concern and Jai tried to keep up his best innocent face.

"Vennela.. What happened?"

Her Athaiyya asked and all Vennela could do was smile and shake her head as she moved back to her position but not before giving her Bava a glare in warning.

Everything was going well. They both were given their wedding dresses and they were pushed into rooms to change into.

Until then everything was perfect. But suddenly there was chaos. And next, her Athaiyya was there leaning on a pillar with no sign of movement.

It was all so sudden. But her bava was now standing with the long sickle in his hand, her athaiyya was dead and her mavaiyya was there standing helpless losing everything. And so was she, losing her love and the future she dreamed of with the family.

Vennela was sitting on the same rocks. But now she was not happy nor there was her bava by her side. Her Bava was thrown out by his own father for disrupting the peace he struggled to maintain and also losing him his wife, whom he knew was at least alive and safe though not beside him.

All changed in a matter of few seconds. The house that was laughing and celebrating a wedding, was now mourning the loss of two loved family members.

"Bava..!"

Jai woke up with a start. This was his routine now. A perfect day that was changed into something dooming all because of him. Now he was to live with it. He was the reason for everything. His mother's death, the feud escalating between the two villages and his father's permanent sorrow. He ought to live with it all his life.

But he had to do something to stop what he worsened and he would do anything for that. His father was his family now and he had to lessen his sorrow, though not eliminating it forever. He could not bring back his father's love, but he can give him what he fought for his whole life.

Peace!