Bava Maradalu

Jai and babayi were on their way back to Renachintala when Babayi suddenly asked him to stop the jeep.

"Nanna! Annaiyya will definitely not like this."

"What babayi? You expect me to.. When he held Nana's collar.."

"I know Jai. But Annaiyya never wanted to fight and he definitely will not like this. Its better you stay low for sometime."

"If they ask for it, then they deserve it babayi"

Saying Jai ignited the jeep and they reached home in sometime. And as expected Deva was waiting for them.

"Where have you been Jai?"

"We went to meet someone he knew of here"

Babayi covered for him.

"The circumstances are not any better here. Its better if you leave for hyderabad immediately."

Saying Deva left with Babayi on his tow.

Jai wanted to shout, say no. He had just got to know his father and how much he loved him. And the family who loved him so much that they celebrated every moment of his life even when he was not there with them. How can he leave them and go?

And Vennela? He turned holding his head when he saw her standing there on the mezzanine behind a pillar.

"Venn.."

But she vanished into her room even before he could utter her name. Irritated he went to his room too. On his way he stopped at the door of her room and so wanted to bang her door and ask her to come out. But what would he say? What would she think?

Life lo.. For first time he felt his confidence shunning him. Stomping he walked to his room. After changing, he tried sleeping but it had deserted him too. He wandered and paced his room tiring himself to sleep.

He woke up irritatingly because of lack of sleep and whatever he could manage was disturbed by the noise. He sat up and cleared his vision to see Vennela standing there holding the end of her oni and playing with it.

Frowning he concentrated on her face which showed nothing. He scowled.

"Bava"

Oh the way she called him. No one ever had done and no one had this effect on him.

"Tvaraga snanam chesi raa Bava. Amma called for Breakfast. Hyderabad vellali kada?"

Saying she turned and was about to walk away. He did not want that.

"Vennela"

He called. She turned and stood there looking at him. She said nothing and he could say nothing. She stood for sometime and seeing nothing coming from him she let her oni go.

"If you want anything.. Well. I will be down. Amma pilistondi Bava"

And she rushed out. Jai wanted to break something.

Vennela straight went to the terrace parapet and stood there not knowing what to do. For a moment she felt that her Bava would say something. But nothing! Last night too when mavaiyya asked him to return back to Hyderabad, he could have said something. But nothing. But could she blame him? No!

The circumstances were really bad here and anything happening to her Bava! She cannot even think of it. He might be the lion tiger and fierce and fiery. But she could not even take the thought of him being in any danger. Its better that he goes back.

Well.. she will miss him. But his safety is important. Wiping her tears she turned around to see Jai standing there leaning on the terrace door frame looking at her intensely.