Chapter 21

The journey to our next place didn't take too long; maybe a couple weeks at most. In that mess somewhere along the way, Christian and I started sleeping in the same room. Not weird or anything like that, but it was cold and we were going north, which meant it would get colder. He also wanted to know everything about me; that, I didn't understand.

"So, how long has your brother been working for Robin Hood?" He asked one morning, both of us in my room and sitting on my bed.

"Oh, I dunno." I replied with a shrug, criss-crossing my legs. "I think about… six years?"

"Oh." He muttered, looking down at his hands. "You know, we've been out here for ten months."

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, because somewhere along the way, I was pretty sure I had a birthday. "I'm twenty one, I think…"

"Sweet, you can drink. You want something?" He asked seriously, but I shook my head.

"So, how did you meet Robin Hood again?" I asked, leaning in and getting off the subject of drinking.

"I told you before." He looked up at me. "He used to live in my village a long time ago. I think he moved to yours right after he left mine."

"Trust me, we didn't ask for him." I tried to make a joke about it, but he wasn't laughing. "Were you two… close?"

"Land ho!" I heard O'Malley's voice, and it saved him from answering. We both reached the deck, and when I looked out, I saw another kingdom. It wasn't mine, but it was definitely a kingdom. At least we'd be among civilized people!

"Oh my God…" Christian breathed, his jaw dropped slightly as he awed at the kingdom. "This… is…"

"There's a port!" Jim exclaimed, pointing to the docks with the other ships lined up next to it.

"I'm taking 'er in. All hands on deck!" Val ordered, and we all hung onto the railing as he steered us next to a dock. "Group up at the bottom. We'll see what the villagers know before settin' out."

"Captain!" Christian shouted before running up to the top deck with him as he steered, and as they talked, I couldn't read what either of them were saying. They nodded at each other and he came back down just as the ship steadied and the other pirates started to lower themselves onto the dock.

"What was that about?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"Nothing important." He stated, kissing my lips gently as he held onto my upper arms. "You're going to go off with the pirates while I go take care of something, okay?"

"What? Where'd that come from?" I asked seriously, and he climbed over the railing and down onto the dock, and once he balanced, he stretched out his arms. I climbed over and fell into them, and he swung me around a couple times before putting me on the ground. "I want to go with you."

"Trust me. You can't this time. This is…" He trailed off, looking over at some of the villagers who were doing their own thing on the docks, and turned back towards me. "Personal business."

"Personal business I can't know about?" I pouted, and he nodded slowly. "Oh… why can't I go with you?"

"Because-" Some of the villagers were actually waving to him, but I already picked up the pieces.

"You lived here, didn't you? This is your kingdom!" I shot at him, angry he kept it from me. "Why do you think I would care?"

"I don't know, it just wasn't important. But there's something  need to do before going with you guys. I'll be back, of course." He assured with a smile, taking my hand once more before letting go slowly. "Oh, and the kingdom name is Fallcrest. Just thought you wanted to know. And remember-" He wrapped his arms around me tightly and pecked my lips. "I love you."