Chapter 16

I could hear Leslie talking and her parents putting things down and standing up walking out and I saw them so dressed down and stared at me. "Okay Annie told me things but now explain things to me.." I heard her father speak and then I heard more plates being put down and then people coming by. I looked at him and cleared my throat extending my hand out to him as he shook it gently. "Uh... Okay sir." I took a deep breath as I looked at my hands then looked up at him. "Well... My father lost his job... I ran off so I could take things off my chest but when I came home my dad started yelling at me...." I scratched the back of my head. "I yelled back."

Her father looked at me and shook his head. "Why?"

"What?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "You heard me... Why?" I didn't know what to say. The truth. That's what I should say. "He started saying that I should drop things and work for the home."

"Why did you disagree?"

"Because... Just because I'm the only boy in the house doesn't mean I'm the only one that should work. I mean my sisters, their older than I am. They don't do anything around the house. So I spat that to his face. He got mad threw me out for the night."

I stared straight into Leslie's fathers eyes and just stood there. "Okay... You can stay the night." He simply turned around and began to walk away. I looked at Leslie, her mother and all of her older brothers. "Oh honey... Your father.... Why would he do that?" I looked at her mom and shrugged. "Because... I was never actually daddy's boy. He always turned a blind eye to anything I did. So the only one that had to give up something in the house should have always been me."

She looked at me I saw the same empathy, the same mother like eyes that Amy had given me back at her home shinning through the light brown eyes that belonged to Leslie's mother. "Are you hungry?" When the sudden word came up I had not thought of being hungry or anything and come to think of it. I had not had anything since earlier at Hectors and Amy's house so I nodded ever so slightly. "What time is it?" Leslie's mom had walked off and Leslie pulled out her phone. "It's almost midnight."

"Wow... I'm sorry." She shook her head. "Nah. Ooooookay! Now Jess this is my family." She pointed at the one that had opened the door. "Jess this is Jake who you already met." The very tall guy, with the short hair shaved off the sides but long at the top, he was wearing basket ball shorts, with a white shirt. She pointed at another boy with the light greenish blue eyes, hair kept a normal length and blonde, this one was shirtless he was also buffed out but he was more thinned kind of like a wrestler, he extended his hand towards me and I grabbed it and shook it. "I'm Dustin." He had a deep rough voice. "The middle one of the boys." She said as she pointed at the last one. They were all pretty tall un like me. "And the oldest of the boys." This one had deep blue eyes, long messy blonde hair, he looked buffed out like someone who might take care of himself but used to play. "Logan." He said with a less deep voice like Dustin he had a much more friendlier appearance. "Nice to meet all of you like she already said I'm Jess." Leslie was searching around. "Wait... Where's Aurora?" She sighed and she raised her voice. "AURORA!"

"WHAAAT?!" Came the answer from a girl that was probably no younger than we were. "Get your booty out here!" A loud grunt and then footsteps I saw a girl she was wearing a football shirt and it seems like nothing else. She had blonde hair though she had a pixie cut, and grey eyes. She saw me and her face immediately went red and she pulled the ends of the shirt she wore down with her left hand and she waved with the other one standing behind Leslie. "Hey... Uh... I'm Aurora." I waved back to her ever so slightly, she was actually stunningly beautiful. Obviously Leslie looked like none of them. Aurora was gorgeous actually she had that short look down, her eyes were hypnotizing and her smile was perfect. Though my eyes just landed back on Leslie, now.... Leslie.... There was that hint of perfection in her. Well an imperfect person being perfect through my eyes I snapped back to reality and then looked at her. "I'm Jess."