Best Friends and Hurt Siblings

"All the good girls go to hell, cause even god herself,
Has enemies"

Athena's POV

I went to the door and opened it. In front of me stood a 6 feet tall handsome with his deep blue eyes, giving me a bright smile. I could hear Titan behind me coming towards us to greet his favorite person- Hunter. Titan came closer and pounced on Hunter and started licking his face joyously.

"There's my good boy," Hunter said, equally happy to see Titan. "And there's my favorite person," he said now looking at me with his iconic flirty smirk. "and there is an idiot," I said looking back at him while pulling Titan back inside.

Hunter was close to Jack and me. He was family. He was always there, through thick and thin. We loved him dearly and so did Titan. Whenever Jack or I were out for business, Hunter would be with Titan and take care of him.

I was still worried where Jack went with such a hurry. He isn't the one to skip or postpone training. Maybe Hunter knew. I look around to ask him but he wasn't there. I knew exactly where Hunter. I ran to the kitchen.

Laila was busy making our food and then there was Hunter, who sat on the table in front of her, with his eyes focused on the food. I giggled to myself. He looked like Titan when he wants a treat.

"Do you know what's up with Jack? He left me mid-training today." I asked curiously sitting beside him. "and why would I know what's with him?" he said still looking at the food.

"Ummm, maybe cause he is your best friend and you work with him," I said pulling him back. "you are his sister and you also work with him. If you didn't know, how in the world would I know?" he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I knew that he knew something. He just wouldn't tell me. Idiot!

After breakfast, Laila put the dishes aside and Hunter was busy with his laptop in his room/office. Yes, he has a room in our house where is stays, cause he is here most of the time. He just has his apartment so that he can go somewhere if he is pissed at one of us.

  I went to my room and decided I get my work done. I called up the factory to ensure everything was going smoothly. We recently cracked a deal with the English underworld and now we supply to them too.

It was a job that drained us both physically and mentally. Jack and Hunter worked their asses off for this. We all knew the danger too well associated with such a business but still, we continued. What did we have to lose after all?

After almost 3hours of taking calls and talking to people, I heard the bell ring again. And again. I didn't bother to go down since I heard Laila saying after the third ring "coming, keep it in your pants will ya!!" in an irritated tone.

She hated anyone who rang the bell more than once. Laila was also with us for a long. My mother first hired her to take care of Jack and me in her absence. Then after Mom's death, she decided to stay with us full time. She is the kindest and we love her and respect her service.

Soon I heard Laila gasp. She called out for Hunter and me. I ran downstairs and saw something that made my heart sink.

Hunter had Jackson's arm around his shoulder and was headed towards the living. I ran down and to my brother. He had knife cuts on his arm and bruises on his face. He could walk but Hunter thought it would be better to support him.

Laila comes in with the first aid and began to clean the wounds. I just stood there, shocked at the sight in front of me. I knew Jack. He was strong. Who could hurt him so badly?

After Laila finished dressing his wounds, I went closer to Jack. "Who?" that's all I could ask.

"Caters" I heard Hunter say from behind with his hands on his face.

"What? why would they .... wait! Did you know about this? You knew where he was going?" I asked furiously. Of course, he knew. After all, I am the only child in this house right. Everyone else has grown and can handle such situations. But little Athena cannot!

"He told me not to tell you," Hunter said standing up and walking towards me.

I am pissed. Those pussies had to go on him when he was alone. I couldn't be there anymore, seeing Jack like that. My blood boiled. I didn't know what to do. I took my car keys and just left the door. I could hear Hunter behind me trying to stop me. but I simply ignored and went to my garage.
___________________________________
Hey Lovelies,

That is the dearest, Hunter. He is a good, hot snack with his messy brown hair and blue eyes and of course that smirk. He is lovely and I am sure in the future chapters, you will fall in love with him too.

 He is lovely and I am sure in the future chapters, you will fall in love with him too

Flood the comments with your thoughts.

And don't forget to click the star and vote. Thank you.

-xoxo,Lumos.

The above song is "all the good girls go to hell" by Billie Eilish, our icon!