21 Conclusions and Smirks

"He said be true, I swear I'll try,
In the end, it's him and I"

Athena's PoV

We reached the house during dinner time. As I went in, people were coming out of the canteen. I saw ray waving at me and I went towards him.

"Is Tyson here?" I asked him. "He already finished his dinner and went back to the room," He said as we walked to my room.

"So, how was your 'date' with Mr.Carter?" Ray asked with a smirk. "OMG! How many times do I have to tell that it wasn't a date? We just had lunch and went for a walk and then got back here," I argued with him and he just burst out laughing.

"So he didn't try to kill you or anything?" Ray asked. "If he did, would I be here talking to you?" I questioned him back and he just hummed.

"Tyson seemed worried. He drank 3 tins of coke, with nothing to eat. I think you should get something for him and then go back to the room" Ray said and I nodded.

"See ya tomorrow. Good night" he said and I turned back to go to the canteen. I took two sandwiches for him and one burrito for myself and turned back around. On my way back, everyone was looking at me like I was an alien. What is happening?

"Hey, Zoey" I heard Angie's call me. I turned around and saw her jogging towards me. "So how did it go?" she asked and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"The picnic," She said and then I realized she was talking about my day. "How do you know about that?" I asked her.

"Who do you think bought the burgers, the nuggets, the beers, and all?" She asked chuckling.

"He just came to me yesterday and told me to get all those stuff for today and I guessed it was a picnic. He wouldn't tell me where he was taking you though" She said. For the first time, I saw Angie being this excited. And Happy.

"Oh, It went well I guess. It was fun. We just sat at this place and then walked around"I lied. If Ace trusted me with that place then I am not telling anyone about it. Except for Noah. I am pretty sure he would kill me if I didn't tell him everything.

"Angie, why is everyone looking at me like I am some sort of an alien?" I asked her. "You went out with Mr. Carter girl, and word spreads quickly around here," she said. Of course!

"Cool, see ya tomorrow at training," Angie said and turned and left.

I went to my room and knocked. He didn't open. I decided to go in. I looked around and saw Noah sleeping on the bed. I decided not to wake him up yet and freshen up first.

As I was showering, I recalled all the things that happened today. Ace Carter happened. Why was he making this mission hard now! I just feel bad for whatever will happen.

I came out of the shower and saw that Noah was awake. "Good that you are awake. I bought.." before I could finish he came towards me and placed his hand on my shoulders and looked at my arms.

Then he lifted my chin and looked at my neck. He was searching for something.

  "Noah, what..what are you doing?" I asked as he spun me around and bent my neck down.

"Checking," He said in a monotone. "I am not hurt Noah. He didn't hurt me" I said chuckling. He stepped away and looked at me up and down again.

"Anyway, I bought you sandwiches. Cause Ray said you had 3 cokes and no food. Are you trying to get diabetes?" I said giving him his food.

"So it went that well huh?" he asked sitting on the bed eating his food. "He didn't try to kill me," I said smiling.

"Noah maybe.." I was again interrupted by him. "Maybe Ace is not who we think he is," Noah said and I was shocked. I was prepared to hear him scold me for softening towards Ace and all but I didn't expect him to say it.

"Yeah, exactly. He just seemed so..so not like his father," I said and Noah nodded. He told me about his encounter with Angie this morning.

"Ace just seemed like this guy, who is misunderstood by everyone," I said finally and Noah says nothing. I look at him and he just stares at my wrist.

"How is it now?" he asks and I just shrug. "Want me to get some ice for you?" He asks and I just smile saying no need.

"I called Jackson by the way," He said. "He was extremely mad that I let you go with Ace." He continued.

"Did you speak to Hunt?" I asked. I missed Hunt a lot. He was my best friend. I wanted to tell him so many things right now. About me softening towards Ace Carter. Our 'date'. Noah kissing me. Everything.

"Yeah, well he threatens that he would rip Ace's spine out if he as much as touched a strand of your hair," Noah said with a soft smile. "Of course he did. If you think Jack is protective, then Hunter is out of this world in that matter sometimes," I said chuckling.

"I remember once we had this shoot out at the Casa and we were stuck in the middle of a crossfire. He removed his safety jacket and made me wear it and said 'for double protection buttercup'. That made me burst out in laughter and we were shot at but it was a thing to remember. Jack was so mad after that," I said laughing and Noah laughed too.

"Athena, can I ask you something? I don't like when things are left unsaid, so I'm just asking away okay, you don't have to answer if you don't want to," Noah blabbered.

"Just ask," I said laughing. "Did your opinion on Ace Carter change from yesterday to today because of your little outing or did you just see the real him and then changed your mind?" He said with furrowed eyebrows.

"If you are asking me if I are interested or attracted to Ace, then sorry to break your bubble but no. He seems to be but I am not. I just..I am just softening towards him because he seems not like everyone else here. He seems more like us than them Noah." I said laying down on my bed, Noah sitting at the edge of it. He just nodded.

"Hey Noah," I said. "What was that.. that kiss the other day? I know it was a mistake but like we should have talked about it. You know, to clear any misunderstandings," I said flustered. Noah was laying down on his mattress, now began to laugh.

"The fact that you think it was a mistake is the only misunderstanding here sugar," he said turning to face me.

"What?" I asked confused. "How are you so smart at times and then again so dumb at others?" He said chuckling.

"What?" I ask again. "Just sleep, Athena. We have a few long days ahead of us" Noah said turning his back to me.

I closed my eyes and the thought of that night came back to me. He can't like me? How can he like me? That's not possible. He is 'way outta my league' as Eva would say.

————-----------------------------------------------------

Hey, Lovelies!

This was more of a filler chapter. Anyway, how is quarantine going for ya'll? I am home all day, so I am getting way more time to think of more ideas for these stories. And school! Yeah, online classes aren't good!

The above song is "him and I" by Halsey and G-Eazy

Vote and Comment!

-xoxo, Lumos.