Seeing Light: Clancy Gray

| chapter 34 |

"Amara... we meet again." Clancy's voice is bulletproof as I am the gun before him. Doesn't matter where I run to, he always finds me. He is in my head and knows me better than he should.

"Clancy Gray?" Ruby speaks up. "What're you doing here?"

Such a basic question to be asked to the world's second most dangerous teenager. If only you knew, Ruby, I think. Nobody except me knows Clancy's skeletons in his closet... and they are dark and terrifying.

"Why don't you ask my beloved girlfriend the same question?" The way he says girlfriend sends an uncomfortable chill through my veins. It almost sounds unreal to me. I guess that night when I ran away didnt do me any good. Wherever I go, Clancy will follow.

Vida's anger spikes as she yells, "Girlfriend? It's shacking up to the President's kid? How are we supposed to trust it now?"

The preference referred to me hits me harder than it should. The same anger I felt everytime Clancy called me 'hothead' boils inside of me when Vida called it 'it'. It's the same anger when Ruby did it too. I turn around to face the Blue, eyes glowing red. My voice is deeper as I growl, "Dont. Call. Me. It."

For the first time, Vida backs away from me. Nobody has ever backed away from me like that before. It seemed that it was out of fear.

Fear... it feels so sinfully divine.

"Ruby." Clancy clears his throat to grab her attention. "Take your group of runaways outside so that I may speak to my girlfriend."

It doesn't even take more than a second for her to leave with Vida, Jude and Chubs following behind her. The only one remaining is Liam. His expression is a mix of pain and worry. He too is afraid. Fear in Liam's eyes is different than when it came from Vida or Ruby.

"I'll be okay." I reassure him, when I know very well deep down that it is a lie.

"I hope so." He mutters, and then leaves to join the others.

After he's gone, Clancy sighs. I'm nervous to be the one to begin his most needed conversation, unaware of how it'll end. Him and I have had talks this heavy before, but it usually ends with one of us emotionally hurt and sleeps alone while the other racks their distorted brain on how to fix the damage that has been done.

Our relationship so realistic and yet, the kids who make up both parties are not the slightest bit normal.

Personally, I don't want to find out what he has to say, even though I secretly want to hear his voice. His voice is so comforting, even when it's not supposed to. How can someone be so charming, yet so dangerous?