↠ trailer ↞

WARNER BROS PICTURES

NEW LINE CINEMA

"Auntie Lily, what are we going to do now?" Jasmine asked, not knowing what to do next. "Are we going to learn a new plant?"

Auntie Lily, as jolly as ever, replied with a raspy, but kind voice, "Ah, Moony, you are one curious child, my dear. You are growing so fast, and you will be twelve in a few months. And of course, you are going to learn a new plant today."

"So what is it, Auntie?" Jasmine's inquisitive eyes glimmered with interest. "Is it a flower?"

"No, but good guess," Auntie Lily answered as she showed Jasmine two poison ivy plants, "we are going to learn about the poison ivy plant and its leaves."

"Poison ivy?" Jasmine asked as her brow furrowed, "I never heard of that before, so tell me about it."

Auntie Lily let out a gentle cough before speaking. "The poison ivy plant is a plant that is pretty common here in Derry. It is famous for giving an unlucky person painful itches."

"Ouch, that must hurt for them," Jasmine said with a grimace, "Can the rashes get worse?"

"As long as you have lotions and creams for rashes, you should be..."

All of a sudden, the fireflies were no longer hovering around above the garden. Gusts of wind began to blow from all directions, and the warm summer air quickly turned cold. Strange noises could be heard from anywhere as they invade the peace that Jasmine and Auntie Lily experienced.

FROM

STEPHEN KING'S

TERRIFYING NOVEL

"Derry is not like any other town I've ever been before." Ben said. "They did a study once, and it turns out that the people here went missing six times the national average. Not just grown-ups. Kids are worse. Way, way worse."

The next few scenes went on to portray the landscape of the town of Derry, introducing two opposing groups of adolescents: The Losers Club, a group of misfits, and The Bowers Gang, a group of delinquents and revealing a missing poster of a familiar teenager before moving on to the library and the sewers.

"I-I-I just saw something," Bill said. "There is this..."

"A clown," Eddie replied as he looked at the ground.

The scene then depicted a dark mansion on Neibolt Street as Eddie stared at it nervously before going back to add to his answer.

"Yeah I saw him too."

Then next, the Losers Club could be seen at Bill's garage, where Bill showed them all he had known about IT.

"Look," Bill pointed out at the projector. "It's all connected by the sewers. That's where IT lives."

Click. Click. Click. They were then followed by a few more clicks.

Their eyes were glued on the flashing slides by the wall, startling us. The slides were none other than the photos of Bill, his parents, and Georgie.

"What happened?"

"What's going on?" Stan asked, fearing for the worst.

"Guys..." Mike began to speak. "Look."

All of them began to panic, not knowing what to do or how to react properly.

"Turn it off," Beverly boldly spoke up. "Turn it off!"

The screams still ensued before Mike kicked off the projector, finally turning the slides off.

THIS JANUARY

Flashes of chasing scenes began to appear.

WHAT

IT, also known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown, slowly approached four of the Losers to the corner.

ARE

Mike gaped in shock and horror as several black hands wormed their way out of the door. Agonizing screams could be heard clearly as he froze on where he stood.

YOU

Blood began to flood the sink before it squirted, dousing everything in Beverly's bathroom with the crimson liquid, including Beverly herself as she closed her eyes tight.

AFRAID OF?

"Jasmine, look at me," Auntie Lily told Jasmine.

Jasmine asked in disbelief, "Auntie Lily, what just happened? Did you do something to them?" The grin on her face became creepier as she gave away some of her teeth.

"You see, I am the one who will feed on their bodies and their blood as my sustenance."

Panic increasingly grew within Jasmine. "What about my appa and eomma?"

"I had eaten them," Auntie Lily growled menacingly, "and you are next!"

She grabbed Jasmine's arm with brute force towards her mouth, revealing her glaring red eyes.

"Andwae!" Jasmine screamed in terror as she collapsed from a sudden spasm before everything went pitch black.

IT

JANUARY 31

SCREENPLAY BY
CHASE PALMER & CARY FUKUNAGA and GARY DAUBERMAN

DIRECTED BY
ANDRES MUSCHIETTI

FANFICTION BY
LEA KALES