↠ eddie kaspbrak

A Few Weeks Later

I walked over to the counter, where I could see Mr. Keene stocking products as usual. I put my casted arm on the counter when he began to ask me.

"Things on the retails, Eddie?"

"Ya," I replied before Mr. Keene went on to do his business.

My eyes then peered over to none other than Greta. She was reading a magazine, and strangely, there was the late Patrick Hocksetter there. Not long, her eyes were also staring at mine, putting down the magazine from her face.

"I saw you, Eddie."

I paused from looking at her.

"Your cast. No signatures or anything?" Greta asked with her usual demeanor. "So sad."

"I didn't mind if I didn't get any," I replied as if it doesn't matter anyways.

Greta looked away before she went on to say, "You know it's all bullshit, right?"

I was confused by those words.

"What is?"

"Your medication. They are placebos," Greta said.

"What is a placebo?" I asked.

"Placebo means bullshit," she replied before resuming on skimming through the magazine. "Just like I said."

Seconds later, Mr. Keene returned and showed me the medications I planned on buying.

"Okay, here we are, Mr. Kaspbrak. Take it for your mom."

I was about to walk to the door when I could hear Greta.

"I'll sign it for you."

I immediately turned to her, elated at the fact that she would sign for me out of all other people.

Greta took a marker from the front desk. She then signed on my cast and from her look, I could tell it must not be a good compliment. My mind went blank when the sound of the door rang inwards.

At first it seemed like another customer coming in, but when I heard a gentle voice, I realized that voice must belong to someone familiar.

"Eddie."

And I knew it must be Jaz. Before Greta took out a gum out of her mouth and put it on my cast, Jaz came towards me at the counter with her crutches.

"It's good to..." Jaz said when Greta shifted her gaze at the raven-haired girl.

"You weed, why are you here anyways?" Greta asked Jaz before she sneered at me. "Is this prude your girlfriend?"

"No, no way..." I hesitantly said.

"We are good friends, Greta," Jaz politely pointed out.

"Friends?" Greta said, seemingly not believing us. "Ah, nonsense." She then put the chewed gum onto my cast and winked at me before she left us, leaving me with millions of things running in my mind.