Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Leah Jessica Laing

 This is my first time posting here, so vote? Comment? Any and ALL opinions welcomed. THANKS! :D

With music blaring from cars plus the DJ’s sound system, it was hard to tell which song was coming from where. Which made it damn near impossible for Alli to hear her cell if it rang. Putting it on vibrate would do no good either because of the bass speakers making everything else vibrate.

Alli sighed and turned to her baby. A black Gixxer Hayabusa. She ran her hand over the seat contemplating ditching the show. This was the first time since she’d been away that she’d brought her Gixxer out. And it just had to be at a bike/car exposé show.

Her parents were somewhere around and she doubted that they would hear their cells ringing either. She sighed again.

“Excuse me,” someone said from behind her.

She turned only to come face to face with two guys she used to have crushes on. How the hell did they find each other? She didn’t know they were acquaintances. Just lovely.

“Hi,” she said uncertainly.

The two guys stared at her for a couple of seconds before recognition sunk in.

“Alli?” Kevin asked. Kevin was a year older than her and he was still kinda cute but he didn’t hold any appeal for her anymore.

“Hi,” Alli repeated lamely

‘Can someone die of embarrassment?’ she thought.  She was dressed in bike leathers. Fitted black jeans, her riding boots, a black halter top and her fingerless riding gloves. Her jacket was hung over the handlebars. Since they’d last met, she’d gotten two tattoos and pierced her ears twice more and acquired a lip ring. And she was only seventeen.

And then there was Trevor. He had been in her class for as long as she could remember. She’s had a crush on him for four years. Four wasted years of her life. Sure he was cute, smart, funny and athletic. He was also arrogant, a pain in the ass and a general asshole most times.

Alli stood staring at the guys. There had to be a reason they approached her in the first place. When they showed no inclination of speaking, she did.

“So, what do you want?”

“Oh…ah…umm…” Trevor said.

“Spit it out,” she ordered.

“Kevin wanted your number,” he blurted out, earning a glare from Kevin and a smirk from Alli.

“Well, I seem to remember exchanging numbers with both of you a while back so unless you’ve lost it, you’re not getting it again. I haven’t changed it.”

They both looked away from each other. Just then, she felt someone else behind her. Again.

“Uh…hey.” Another male voice.

She turned again only to come face to face with someone she hadn’t seen in years and honestly, never wanted to see ever again.

“What?” Alli asked frigidly.

“Alli?”

“No shit Sherlock. What do you want?”

“He wanted your number.”

Alli drew in her anger a little and noticed the other guy she didn’t want to see.

“Well Darius, last I checked, you had it and so did he,” she said indicating her ex-boyfriend, “unless you both got rid of it which I hope dearly.”

“Still a bitch I see,” Darius said.

“I have good reason,” Alli replied. Dave, the asshole, wisely remained silent. He’d learnt in the couple of months that they were together and even after they broke up to stay quiet when she was pissed.