Sting x Reader~ My Balcony? (P.2)

Another request! Expect some domestic fluff fo sho, and we'll see how it unfolds from there :>
~

I stared up at the brick apartment, chest swelling in pride. It was older than my last- but it was cute and historic. Ivy wrapped around its bricks and flowers hung from its windows. My new apartment! My mind enthused.

"So," (E/N) spoke up, "this is home!"

Their voice was full of feigned joy. In all honesty, my feelings were similar. It was a bittersweet change. Leaving Sting and Rogue after months of living with them was sure to cause a little grief, and I had no doubt (E/N) felt the same. Even if they pretend to hate the group.

"Yep. This is home." I agreed. "Why not go inside and check it out?"

(E/n) nodded in agreement, and we both pushed open the wide set of double doors. Our eyes raked over the lobby. It had a cabin aesthetic, with a warm fireplace and cushioned couches. The kitchen shared the same feel.

I pulled the key out of my pocket. To my surprise, my knuckles were white when they tightened around it. Calm down, my brain chastised, it was about time anyway. You've been on break long enough. Sting and Rogue can't take care of you forever.

(E/n) peered over my shoulder, reading the apartment's address. We made small talk as we trekked to the elevator. The conversation was about meaningless things. It strayed from breakfast to the weather, whilst avoiding any mentions of our housemates. Ex housemates, I reminded myself. We don't call their place home anymore.

I fit the key into the lock, turning it hesitantly. Everything felt off, almost. Like the world was slightly off kilter. Wow, I mused, you're really acting like a college freshmen, huh (Y/n)?

The apartment was nice, no doubt. Every wall had a fresh coat of paint and every window was dusted. Our living room was modest and undecorated, leaving us to design it as we saw fit. Windows spanned one entire wall. We had an amazing view of the sleepy little city. The kitchen was a decent size with marble tops and working utilities. Both bedrooms were also unfurnished and decent-sized.
(Imagine your dream apartment! ;)

"It almost feels surreal," (E/n) voiced. I nodded to show mutuality.

"Now all that's left to do is buy the furniture and move it in, huh?" I mumbled.

"Not quite," (E/n) responded, "we also have to tell Sting and Rogue."

It was true. I had planned it to be a surprise, and a surprise it would be. Our moving had been long overdue. With our wages from Lamia Scale and a bit of saving, we were finally ready to take the next step. In leaving them, my brain seemed to hiss. Guilt flooded my body. It wasn't like that, and I knew it, but it still felt odd leaving the pair after growing so close to them.

"Right. We should probably go do that, huh?" I muttered, rubbing the back of my head.

"We did good, (Y/n). Staying any longer would have made us burdens," (E/n) said, laying a paw on my shoulder.

I nodded. They were right. A few months would be fine, but half a year? That was too extreme. Far too extreme. Even if the assholes did destroy my last apartment.

"Well, let's get a move on!" I encouraged, ushering out (E/n). "We need to get some furniture, right?"

Outside our apartment building was a quiet little street, and people milled about aimlessly. The market wasn't but a few blocks away. We got quite lucky honestly. Our apartment was about halfway between Saber Tooth and Lamia Scale, so we could visit our friends and still take jobs from our guild. Stores and the market were within walking range. It was a primary location, and a good neighborhood.