~ChaPteR 5~

Chapter 5

Nick’s P.O.V

I heard his phone ringing with One Direction’s I Wish. Male directioner, Nice. I heard him squeal. Wow thats manly. I came out of my room and went to his. I wasn’t eavesdropping! I was simply trying to learn more about him by listening to him on the phone. I stood outside his door, ear pressed to it. I suddenly heard crying. Who is he talking to and why is he crying! I wanted to burst in there and demand an answer. For a minute he stopped. Again, bipolar much? Still, he was obviously upset about something and I wanted to just go in there and..

I felt the door handle move down, and just like that, I am face first on the floor. All I can think is that my face hurt. Oh my god is my face ok? If this mean floor broke my face I will shoot someone!

“I..Gotta go” I heard him say, sniffling. “Bye” His voice cracked. What did that asshole do to him? I heard him approaching me, probably carefully.

“I guess the saying is true. The more of an egotistical asshole they are, the harder they fall” He said, lifting my head up. He was smirking at me. That asshole! He was faking the whole time and I felt sorry for him.I looked right at him with a glare and then I saw his sparkling clear ocean blue eyes. Every time I see them they are so blue I think I am in water. I feel like I am drowning. For some reason, I don’t mind. I don’t feel weird at all staring into another boy’s eyes when it is him.

“I can’t believe you fell for me” He said, still smirking at me. Sassy little thing, isn’t he? I grabbed his ankle, and he fell onto the floor. Still holding onto his ankle I dragged him under me and straddled him, my arms holding his above his head.

I grinned down. His face was totally flushed. I grinned down at him, perfect.

“I could same the for you” I said, still grinning at him. He looked absolutely gobsmacked. His eyes were showing that his mind was racing. His face lit up red. Bright bright red, as if he was a beet. He is always so shy. I mean, I know I am a prince, but this shy? It is as if he is more scared that I am gonna kill him then shy.

“Why are you so shy? I’m not going to bite you” I told him, curious about him.

“I’m not shy.....” He spoke, barely above a whisper, still avoiding my confused gaze. I snorted. Not shy my ass.

“He says as his face is beet red, refusing to even look into my eyes. Yup, not shy at all” I said to him, teasing him. I heard it then, laughter, little tiny quiet chuckles. I started laughing with him, maybe if I laugh with him, he will laugh louder. We just layed there forever, laughing, him still on top of me.  His head turned slightly and his nose brushed mine softly. Sparks ran through my nose, up my head and down to my toes.

What the fuck? Sparks? Our noses touched! I bet it was just static from the carpet. Ya thats right! Static from the carpet. I noticed he was staring intently into my eyes.

“Skyler?” I asked, kind of quietly. He just laid there, still in his daydream. “Skyler!” I screamed. He jumped visibly. Wow, he really was dreaming. He woke up, but was still silent. What on earth could he possibly be thinking about? He suddenly started smirking like a mad man.

“Why are you eavesdropping on my private conversations on my phone in my room?” he asked me, still grinning like he belonged in the funny farm. I felt the color drain from my face, and then it immediately heat up.

“I wasn’t... I would never... I mean I suppose... I was just....” I looked down from his gaze, trying to hide my blush. I sighed in defeat, he had me there. I was eavesdropping.

“What was that about you winning this war, princey dearest?” He asked me once again. I looked up at him, and he had this innocently confused face, acting as if he did nothing wrong. I looked into his eyes. His smirk fell, his face immediately to one almost like he was terrified. I smirked, thats right, fear me. His face flushed, and started squirming. I was looking at him, smirking on the outside, but inside, I was in absolute awe. He looked...adorable. What is this guy doing to me? I have never thought of a guy as adorable before, or cute, and certainly not sexy. Skyler though, there were no other words to describe him. He was simply adorable. Maybe if I just...