A Second Attempt

Nighttime once more, and with colorful stones in hand and restocked snacks I sat on the flat rock warming my hands on a campfire I had made, tonight was awfully chilly. 

I had brought a book with me to read to the fire's light; a book called "Zara Turpin" a friend had wrote and gave me a copy. After getting tired of reading I took out my cellphone, but as soon as I unlocked the screen it started acting up.

"Hmmm. He must be nearby." I said to myself.

I grabbed the little bag with the rocks from my jacket pocket, held it tightly and smiled. I stood up turned around to see where Slendy was.

"James, I know you're around!" I said loudly

"I know." 

I quickly turned around and saw him sitting on the flat rock. But there was something... iffy. His voice was different, more raspy.

"James?" I asked gripping onto the rocks.

He stood up, his arms and legs getting longer, his blank face staring down at me. The previously unseen tentacles sprouted from his back and as they reached the floor, he used them as feet like Doc Ock from Spider-Man would. He was so high now, the fire light would barely reach his face. Now I was starting to freak out.

"Not James, the Slender Man." His voice sounded horrid, completely different.

I stared in fear, this was not the nice Slendy from the dreams. I ran the other way as fast as I could, towards the nearest street. The only thing that would go through my mind were the 8 pages you would find in the Slender game.

CAN'T RUN

HELP ME

DON'T LOOK... OR IT TAKES YOU

ALWAYS WATCHES - NO EYES

LEAVE ME ALONE

NO NO NO NO NO

(a drawing of Slender) FOLLOWS

(A bunch of trees and a towering Slender)

With those images in my mind I forgot for an instant where I was. I just kept running and running, until I crashed against something. I fell back and rubbed my head, then I looked up, he was right there. I took the mini flashlight from my pocket and pointed it at his face. The light seemed to bother him, with his hands he covered his face. I felt a tentacle grab me by my arm and lift me. Then, the weirdest idea came to my mind.

I took out the rocks from the little bag without removing the light from his face. I put them on my open hand and pointed the light towards them and him. The rocks began to glow and their light reflected on him, his skin began to sizzle. Shit got real at that moment. The skin from his face began to tear open, revealing a mouth, a terrifying mouth with huge pointed teeth. Yup, just like Venom, again from Spider-Man. His tentacles suddenly retracted to his back, making both of us fall, his arms and legs returned to their original size, leaving him at 7 feet tall. He seemed unconscious, but I wasn't gonna get even closer to check.

I stood up, passed him and kept running, and a couple of seconds later I was at the street, luckily I wasn't far from civilization at all, I was literally still in my neighborhood, but since it's mostly rural area, there's plenty of camping areas around. I was breathless, tired, so I just walked fast back to my house, the road brightened with the street lights.

"I'll pick up all my camping stuff tomorrow morning, there's no way in Heaven, Hell or Earth I'm going back there now."

As I got home and unlocked the door I thought to myself: "If Slender gave me these rocks to protect myself, he must have known something fucked up was gonna happen. Chances are that wasn't even James, but another Slender Man. Is there more than one? Could be."

I took a shower, put on my pajamas and got in my bed, I just sat there thinking until I got sleepy. I don't know how long did I spend just sitting there, but I sure know I almost pissed my pants when I heard the door open.

"JESUS! YOU SCARED ME WOMAN!" I yelled at my older sister as I saw her at the door with a sleepy face.

"I heard you arrive, but I was too lazy to get up, until now." She said groggily.

"Yeah sure." I said still jumpy

"What happened?" She asked

"I'll tell you tomorrow."

She just nodded and left back to her bed. With the light that shone through the open window I remembered and looked at my arm, it was just a bit red. I closed the window, turned on the A/C and with rocks under my pillow and blanket around me like a burrito I left to sleep... terrified.