Fourth Dream

I was inside a building I had never been in before, I was in a jail. Why here? I looked around, seeing most cells empty, but the one at the end of that hallway was the one that I needed to notice. I ran towards it as I saw James inside sitting on a bed, dismal and hopeless.

“James! What happened?!” I cried, grasping onto the bars.

He turned to me, and walked up to the bars, putting his hands on mine.

“I gave myself in.” He replied in a serene tone.

I looked at the guard next to the gate.

“May I come in?” I asked him.

The guard did not reply, but he opened the gate and let me through. After I stepped inside he closed it behind me and I sat next to James on the bed.

“Why did you give yourself in?” I asked confused.

“All the deaths and disappearances I’ve caused; should I not pay for them?”

There I remembered all the videos I had found the night before.

“I understand the deaths, but I’m still confused about the children’s disappearances.”

He turned his body a bit and took my hands in his.

“These children are in a safe haven. If I did not rescue them, they would all have died tragically at a young age.”

I was surprised. “How would you know that?” Now I was more confused than at the start.

“Children approach me because they do not fear me, and I can somehow perceive how and when they are going to die. It’s not something precise, but it’s just enough to know if to let them live with their families or in our safe haven.”

Wow. I didn’t even know what to think or say at that moment.

“But what do you sense about their deaths?” I needed to know more.

“I sensed a gunshot on one of the children; she would turn 15 that day.” He said, turning his head up, like when you look to the ceiling to think and remember previous memories.

“Please step out of the cell.” The guard spoke coldly.

I walked outside of the cell; I didn’t get the point of being in or out of the cell if I could still talk to James. I got as close as possible and without even talking, I thought hard enough to make sure he could hear me.

“You can teleport, let’s get out of here, you don’t belong here.”

He tilted his head slightly, a bit creepy if you ask me.

He got closer and sighed. “Why? Why leave?”

Ugh, how am I going to make him understand? “You’re not human; they will torture you to death!”

He grasped onto the bars. “They cannot kill me.”

Oh God, now he understands even less. “Even worse! They won’t ever stop.”

He sat on the floor and lowered his head. With my hand through the bars, I softly turned him back to me.

“Look at me James, we must go now.”

He held my hands and we were gone. All of a sudden we were in front of my house. I hugged him and jumped the front gate, then ran to my room’s window; he teleported next to me.

“Is this your room?” He asked pointing to the closed window, with no visibility to the inside of it.

“Yup, in there.” I said looking at him.

“Another day.” That was his only reply.

I was suddenly in my bed, curled up in my blanket and pajamas. My eyes were wide open and I looked to the closed aluminum window, unable to see through.

“Good night James.” I said as I re closed my sleepy eyes, hearing no reply.