I'm thankful of mom's obsession to photograph absolutely anything

"I think I might have some napkins here." Charlie quickly moves her hand. She passes me one and then cleans herself. I compose myself embarrassed. Had I just created a moment in my head? 

"Oh, thanks." I say as I grab the napkin. Charlie looks indifferent, making me feel even more self-conscious. Is my face all freaking red or something? How old am I? I'm getting all worked up for fucking hand touching??

"Dean," she begins.

"Y-yeah?" I manage to speak, I'm still caught off guard.

"Your phone is ringing," she says.

I reach out for my phone, It's my mom. Could this get more embarrassing. "Hello?"

"Honey, are you bringing Charlotte anytime soon?"

"Shit, I forgot. We're on our way."

"Wait, are you driving right now?! Dean Harris, just because your dad is a policeman that doesn't mean he can handout free-jail-breakers."

"Mom...I'm parked right now. We're parked outside the house. " I mumble. Charlie is probably listening to everything.

"Oh!" She practically screams through the phone. "I'm sorry, honey. Okay, well, I'm at boutique. I sent you the address in iMessage, did you get it?"

I put her on speaker as I look through my messages, but not before warning her.

"Oh, is Charlie there?" She doesn't even wait for her to answer, she's already screaming her name. "Charlie, honey, how was school today?"

Charlie's lips turn into a smile, "It was great, Paige."

"Oh that's great, honey!  You know the members of the organizers of the contest called me. They said they wanted the recipe, and even invited me to a 'cook out'. I was thinking we could go together, and do some fun-cooking-out-time-together with the organizers and their kids."

"I'll love to," she says without a second guessing. Her face is suddenly flushed and she puts her hair behind her ear.

"Oh," she says doubled the excited, "She's gonna love it, there's so many dresses and there's so many colors and, ugh, this is so exciting!"

"Mom, if we don't hung up, I don't think we'll ever get there."

"Oh, of course. I'm hanging up, oh, this one is beautiful! I wish you could see the dresses..."

"Mom, I'm hanging up."

"Okay, I'm sorry, bye, bye."

I sighed, I look over at her. Charlie, who always looks unbothered now looks slightly different.

"Does talking about my mom make you blush?" I say with a grin knowing this will probably get her all worked out. She looks at me completely caught off guard, her eyes open wide and she looks like she's about to kill me.

"How about you start driving?"

"Should I be worried my mom gets more reactions out of you than anyone I've ever seen? Do you have a crush on my mom or something like that?"