An Axl Rose With Hot Pants

Chapter Eleven

An Axl Rose With Hot Pants

Dean

"Man, it's okay." Some of my friends try to recomfort me. "It was all thanks to extra points."

"You don't understand, I sucked at this game. It the worst I have ever played," I say with clenched teeth as I smashed my fist against the lockers.

"Dude, you stopped that touchdown from happening." Jason says as he grabs me by the shoulders, he sets his eyes upon me, "Don't be so hard on yourself, Dean. We have lost before against the Cordoba kids. This was only an openning game, best versus best. If we had lost against Saint Louisville, then you beat yourself up like that."

"Gathered up," the coach says and I immediately know that he is going to kill me. How could I not reach that damn pass? "Today's play was very, very disappointing. You started off great, and suddenly, it all went to hell. You couldn't reach for your own passes, you didn't cover properly in the most important minutes." He sighs, "I thought I taught you better than that. This was like watching Louisville play." The coach speech ends up with a warning, "I hope this doesn't happen again, next goddamn games I want you to put your best effort cause I had seen you do better, much better than this."

We all take our stuff and shower, I stare at the wall as the water reaches my body. I'm angry, I'm so very angry at me. This was suppose to be my thing, the only thing I'm good at. I turn the handle off, I storm the showers into the lockers.

"Dean?" A voice asks and I look up.

"Come on, man. You going to be late for your own party," Carson says as he tries to cheer me up. I sigh as I pick up my bag and shit.

~

When we enter, it feels like any other we been at. It's full, loud and messy. Nothing else, nothing more. But then I find what makes it all better, Jack Daniels.

"Hey man." People around me try to cheer me up, they consolate me and I feel disguted by it. I'm frustated, I wouldn't be lying if I said I didn't wanted to kill somebody.

I drink from the bottle heavily as I recall the events in the game, I feel stupid and angry of how bad I played tonight. How could I miss a pass like that? The ball slipped out of my fingers.

I'm unable to fight them back, and so, I quite literally shove the beer inside my mouth.

I can't recall anything else after that, all I know is that when I wake up and instead of laying in the middle of the ground, I wake up in my bed.

My head hurts like hell, I groan as I try to get up. I feel quite dizzy, I message my temples. I immediately reach out for my phone inside my pocket. All I wanted to know was how did I ended up here. I stand up, or at least try. I walk to the bathroom and splash some water upon my face, I blink once or twice adjusting to the brightness emitted by the light bulb.

My phone vibrated, the ringtone killed me, I make a face as I grab the phone and answer the call. It's too loud to handle.

"Hello?" I ask with my voice coming out deeper than the usual.

"Dean?" Felicity asks doubtful.

"Yeah?"

"Ohmygod, are you okay?" Felicity asks worriedly.

"Yeah?" I say weirdly, "Quite frankly, I was too drunk to remember."

"You think? People say they saw you hanging out with blue freak. I mean even worst, they saw you getting into her car as she carried you."