The Mermaid Princess

Y/N's eyes glow with magic as she once again saw the prince of the overworld. He would surf around the ocean just about every morning and when he does, Y/N will go to the surface to watch. She's head over heels in love with this man and can't go on being worlds apart from him. "I guess I'll have to be one of you..Prince Hawkins." She said in a whisper. It was easy for the mermaid princess to become human because mermaids can shape shift into other creatures. Plenty of mermaids choose not to due to the rumors about how awful the overworld is. Better yet, humans. Y/N didn't believe those rumors when her father tried to warn her. Instead she decided to go see for herself.

      The next day Y/N was walking on land around the kingdom. Her posture was straight, her appearance was just stunning along with her flowing yet simple ocean blue-green glittery dress. Lucky for her, Jim happened to be around and spotted her from a distance. He'd never seen someone who has such grace in their movement. He loved it all, including the way she carries herself with confidence and that really drawn him to her.

Y/N'sPov: I was approached by the prince as he gently grabbed my hand out of nowhere. "Excuse me, I can't help but feel that I know you." I was confused but smiled and said "Maybe you do know me because I know you. Prince Hawkins." Jim smirked "Ahh I see. How about you come over for dinner and we can get to know each other!" "That sounds wonderful!" I simply reply. Now it's my moment to make my way into the prince's heart but suddenly I felt unsure. How will I explain about my true form. Will he want to be with a real woman instead of a half one? I should just make up a lie.

_Later At Dinner_

       Dinner was not going as smoothly as the mermaid thought it would. She was put out of her favorite dress into a more tight and fancier one. The dress was bright pink that choked her waste, the bottom was full of fluffy fabric that made her tumble and worse of all, those pointy heels that pinched and squeezed her tinder feet. Frustrated by the last minute change up, Y/N was still nervous about her situation. She swallowed hard and begin to calm herself down and constantly told herself that she'll have to adjust to human life.

Y/N'sPov: I turned around as I heard a knock on the door. "Come inn.." I said softly. Jim smiled "Wow, you look amazing, Y/N!" I blushed rubbing my arm "T-Thank you, umm I have something to tell you.." Jim looked at me puzzled, I started to bite my tongue. "What is it?" He asked as we both sat on the bed. I forced myself to look at him as I prepare myself mentally for the confession. "I'm not actually the person you think I am, I'm the princess of the sea. A mer-" Jim clearly cut me off "Excellent my love! That makes you the most delicate women in the whole kingdom. As long you as you have royal beauty within you, there's nothing to worry about." My heart boiled, this man has turned out to be a real jerk! Why don't he take the time to know me? I'm sure that I have a great personality and kindness but why my looks matter so much? I don't want to take things too fast! I'm not even sure that I'm 'in love' anymore..Ugh, a lot of things are crossing my mind. This was a huge mistake!

       Y/N soon decided that she was going to teach this spoil brat a lesson. She took him on a special trip to the sea where she makes her final goodbye. "Y/N, didn't you tell me that you were the princess of the sea? There's no castle, no guards, there's nothing but water and sand!" Jim babbled. The princess snapped "Let me tell you something, you are not worthy of my heart! Since you only care for my beauty and riches, you shall be punished!" Y/N transformed back into the mermaid that she was. Jim was left speechless as the mermaid dive into the waters. Before she returned home, she placed a curse upon him. She said "Until you learn how to love, you will forever have an aching heart and will never find happiness!"

      After that, the mermaid vanished into the sea right before the prince's eyes. Jim burst out in tears realising that he messed up. From that day on, his heart ache thinking about the mermaid princess he lost for good.

🐚 Fin 🐚