Nightmares

~JIM'S POV~

      I woke up from the reflection of the sun as I sat up to rub my eyes. Obviously it was a beautiful morning but...an uneasy feeling came upon me.

      Something wasn't right.

      When I look to the right there was no one there, my wife wasn't there. Suddenly I heard a huge door slam. I sprung out of bed throwing the covers off me and ran through the house. "Y/N...Y/N!" I cried out to her, no answer. Making my way down stairs I spotted the door open so I went outside to investigate. There she was, heading out to the ship with bags and suitcases.

      My wife was leaving me.

      "No...no no no!" I said in a panic as I went after Y/N, she was not going to leave me like this. This is too similar on how my dad left me and my mom. Breathing hard I ran faster to get to "Y/N" before she aboard the ship. Once more I called her name but...she kept going. The space between us had somehow became more spacious!

      It was too late...

      She had disappeared like a ghost. Silence filled the air when I dropped to my knees, my wife left me, she really left me! Tears burst out my eyes as I grieve in sorrow and heartache.

      Then I open my eyes, it was all a dream. I rub my eyes in frustration as tears shed down my face. The space beside me was empty like it was in the dream. This made me very concern so I instantly got out of bed and ran down stairs. When I got to the bottom I seen my wife at the door. "Y-YN?" I whimper, the tears just couldn't stop streaming down my face. "Jim?" Y/N mumbled with hands full of luggage. I ran up to my wife and wrapped my strong arms around her figure "D-Don't go..." I sobbed.

      Y/N dropped her luggage to hug me back tightly, she knew exactly what was wrong. "Aww Jim, you had that nightmare again, didn't you?" "Y-Yeah." I said shamefully, Y/N kissed my forehead "I'm going to call in work and spend the day with you, okay?" I loosen the hug "Are you sure?" "Sure I'm sure, I'm not going anywhere!" she said cheerfully.

      That made me smile, having her to be here with me on my worst days makes everything better. Thanks to her the nightmares are slowly fading away.

      One day at a time..

~Fin~