27. o w n d i r e c t i o n

four weeks later...

maddie and i landed in hawaii 3 days ago. we've mostly been relaxing from our long trip. every bit was amazing and i've only dreamed of going to before. i took a bunch of pictures, capturing every moment and i'm beyond excited to pick up the film i sent in to be developed as soon as we landed.

since then i've been editing the pictures i took on my actual camera which i will get printed. i'm also going to post some on my instagram since i've gained much more followers since last time i actually payed attention to it. i now have 5.8k, probably because of the new photos i've been posting from the trip.

i'm excited to be in hawaii for the nexts 5 weeks and to just relax and tan.

2 years later...

my mind is blown.

"i can't believe we just graduated!!" maddie screams as she pulls me in for a hug. she read my mind.

"same!!" i reply "but i'm going to miss you so much."

"we can facetime every night and we can set up times to visit... don't worry you'll be fine!! you have colin." maddie assures me.

she is going to hawaii to stay with her aunt for awhile, while she figures out what to do with her life. it's going to be so weird without her since i've literally spent the last 3 years of my life with her almost every day.

as for me, i'm staying in LA. right out of school i got a job for this big company as an accountant. colin and i are moving in together too. he is working in LA as well.

the apartment we got is amazing. it's so spacious and there is even a guest room if maddie wants to visit, which i hope she will.

both colin and i didn't have much stuff, but thank goodness the apartment came fully furnished so we didn't have to buy everything. all i had were my clothes, the few decorations from my dorm, and my box of pictures.

"take out for dinner?? chinese food with you?" colin says walking into the kitchen.

"sounds good with me. we'll have to go food shopping tomorrow." i reply

"i love that." he says kissing me

"what??" i ask laughing

"we have to go food shopping. i've never been more happy. i'm excited to be starting my life with you."

"your so cute."

a few weeks later...

"i'm gonna head to the food store babe, i'll see you soon." i yell from the kitchen

"love you!" he yells back

i head out the door and down the stairs to the lobby. when i open the door, the hot summer heat hits me like a ton of bricks.

when i get to the store, i park in the closest spot i can find. it wasn't busy at all, which is odd because it always is.

i head in and grab all the things we needed. fruit, eggs, juice, bread, vegetables and some other miscellaneous things.

i was finally done and i walked up to the register, unloading everything in my cart.

"never seen it this dead before." i say to the cashier while he scans my items.

"yeah, you chose a good time to come." he replies.

while we make small talk, i scan over the gum section by the register. my eyes stop when i see a magazine cover saying "zayn malik takes his own direction from one direction".

i'm instantly intrigued when i read "one direction".

flashes of harry, the night we spent at that club, him standing at the front of my health classroom flash before my eyes.

"that will be $84.68..." the cashier says

"can you add this too?" i say grabbing the magazine