21. o u t t h e r e

i wake up with a bad headache. when i check my phone it's 1:30 in the afternoon. i'm not even surprised.

i try to recall what happened last night and then it hits me. i fucked harry... and then i ran away and then everything else is hazy.

i'm disappointed in myself because of what i did. i know that it was wrong but part of me was glad it happened because i missed that feeling so much. the problem is i'm going to keep having to miss it because it was a one time thing and i'm probably never going to see him again.

maddie is still asleep and i want to keep it that way because i already know she is going to have a ton of questions about what happened last night.

i check my texts and i see that i have one from colin.

colin: morning. how's the headache.
me: AWFUL. if you don't mind me asking how did you get my number? lol
colin: we traded numbers last night, you probably don't remember. you were pretty wasted.

i see another text from an unknown number, but it says i already replied.

(2 am) unknown: i want to make sure, did you get home ok?
(2am) me: who is this?
(2 am) unknown: doesnt matter.
(1:30 pm) me: harry?

i text back the unknown number back. i know it's harry. maddie must've been on my phone last night when i blacked out.

the text sent in gray meaning he blocked me. of course he did. i don't let myself cry because i can't waste anymore tears on that piece of shit.

after another hour of sleeping i text bella asking if she could meet for coffee because i was in desperate need of some good advice. and i needed to rant.

thank god she gets back to me quick and is able to go.

i change into nike shorts and an oversized sweatshirt and quietly head out.

when i get there, i spot bella at a table.

"omg hiiiiii!" she says hugging me.

"hey." i reply.

i order tea and she gets a latte. when we get our drinks i tell her all about last nights and i can tell she is in complete shock over what went down between harry and i.

i also make sure to fill her in on this new Colin kid that goes to my school and that i may have feelings for.

"i think that for you to forget harry, you need to get out there. your only way to move on is to start seeing other guys, fucking other guys, maybe starting a relationship with them." she says

"i think i'm starting to like colin. well i'm not sure, but i had fun with him last night."

"i think you should start hanging out with him and just see where it goes."

"yeah, i think i should too."

after coffee with bella, i head back to my dorm. when i walk in, maddie is STILL asleep. i decide to grab my things and head somewhere to study.

i end up going to the library and then i get a text.

colin: studying for mid terms?
me: yes. fighting through my hangover. hbu?
colin: same here. wanna study together? i can meet you.
me: sure, i'm in the library on the west side of campus.
colin: see you soon :)

i'm happy that im doing this because it will give me a chance to hangout with colin and see if i could potentially be something more with him.

when he gets here, we start with some small talk then get to the studying. he gives me one of his airpods and he plays his music.

after studying, colin walks me back to my dorm and we say our goodbyes.

when i walk in, maddie is sitting in her bed staring at her laptop.

"your finally home. where have you been all day?" she asks

"studying with colin." i say throwing my bag on my bed.

"yes peyton, getting out there!!"

"thanks." i say with a frown.

i grab my computer and curl into bed. i watch netflix till i drift off into a deep sleep.