CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ZANO

"Close the gates, prepare for battle!" I cried as I entered the city with Frozene and Electro.

We dismounted and gave the reigns of our horses to a stable boy.

"Get me General Nola," I told a soldier. "And is the princess here?"

"Aye, sir," she answered.

"Bring her, too," I ordered.

"Yes, sir!" she responded, and ran off with two others.

I turned to Frozene and Electro.

"We're going into a hefty battle," I told them. ''Have you ever had any training?"

"Oh, yeah," Frozene said. "We trained with an old soldier named Tarnus Ohl."

"Wait, the Tarnus Ohl?"

The Tarnus Ohl was only the most well balanced and well trained soldiers in Layrucian history. I hadn't known that he had retired to Kronos.

Electro grinned.

"Yep. That's him," he answered.

I was suddenly a bit jealous of them.

"Electro!"

a young girl's voice called out, followed by its owner; a girl with long dark hair in a braid and dark eyes. She was small and bright looking. She was very pretty; she almost reminded me of Klara.

"Talia," Electro said. "What - "

"Oh, I heard the news," the girl said. "I came to show Zano's fools how it's done."

I shot her a look.

Electro cleared his throat and said,''Talia, this is Frozene - and General Zano."

Talia looked me up and down. I could see the teasing glint in her eye.

"You know, I didn't think they would put an eleven-year old in your position. Or am I guessing too high?"

She flashed a sly smile.

"Uh, yep. You guessed about right," I said sarcastically.

"Talia," Frozene put in, examining Talia's small build. "How old are you?"

"I'm twelve," she announced proudly. "I bet you are the ice wielder. And the General is the hothead."

"Alright, alright," I said, frustrated.

We had to concentrate on the task at hand, and we were running out of time. The least we could do was pay attention to the task at hand.

"Look, Talia," I said. "We are at war, so we have to save these talks for times of peace."

She smiled sweetly.

"Of course. Whatever you say, sir."

I shook my head.

"An army is advancing and we need you to stay focused. Can you do that?"

"You obviously don't know who I am," Talia said.

She raised her weapon in the air; earth swirled around it.

Talia was the earth wielder.

"I'm Talia Tekana, Hero of Earth. And you, general," she pointed at me and glared competitively, "better buckle up, because I'm about to take out five times as many monsters as you are."

I couldn't help myself. I grinned and took the Hammer into my hands; it burned bright.

"Oh, it's on, Talia Tekana," I answered. "Because I am General Zano Etheron, Hero of Fire!"