16 - Going under

"Do you think we can find some milkshake?"

"You hungry?" Natasha scrunched up her eyebrows as she looked down at Reagan.

"No. It's just... I kind of need one."

Natasha didn't ask any more questions for a moment, only nodded her head and pushed the wheelchair faster. Asking someone inside the facility to bring them a milkshake she stopped for a moment to look down at Reagan once more; "any particular flavour?"

"Chocolate." Reagan smiled. "And two straws please."

* * *

"You sure about this?" Steve looked at Bucky who was sitting on a medical table, still missing his metal arm, his left shoulder wrapped up to conceal the metal and wires that were still there.

"I can't trust my own mind. So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing," Bucky said, eyes glancing towards the cryo-tank and then over towards the door before he sighed softly; "for everyone."

At the sound of Steve's sigh Bucky smiled ruefully. "It'll be alright. Have you heard anything from Natalia?"

"You mean Natasha," Steve replied. "and no, haven't heard anything from her since yesterday."

"She went by Natalia when I knew her." Bucky shrugged his shoulders, "it was worth a try. I'll see her when they wake me up again."

"- You should know by now that I don't like being kept out of the loop."

The door had barely opened enough for Natasha to push the wheelchair through it, but at the sound of Reagan's voice Bucky already found himself down from the table and on his way towards her

Moving his eyes over towards Steve for a second he smiled at his best friend, before his gaze moved over towards the woman he had known as Natalia way back when. "Thank you," he said gently.

"Come on Cap," Natasha said, "let's step outside for a moment, shall we?"

As the door closed behind them he looked down to meet her eyes again; "you're in a wheelchair."

"You're missing an arm," she deadpanned.

Feeling a smile tug his lips upwards he chuckled, then he bent down to give her a quick, one-armed hug.

"Mind the milkshake!" she laughed, pushing at his chest weakly with her free arm.

"Milkshake?"

"Figured we'd share one," she laughed. "Never got to do that when we went to lunch."

He laughed alongside her, walking around her until he could push her wheelchair towards the table he had been sitting on earlier.

"Here you go," she smiled once he had settled down in a chair in front of her. She started lifting the milkshake towards him, groaning as her movement pulled on the stitches.