9 - When secrets unravel

Several weeks passed by, and the two continued to get closer, hanging out every chance they got. They mainly spent time at her apartment, Bucky continuously finding new excuses for why they couldn't go to his run down room in the abandoned building - he didn't want her anywhere near that part of himself. On several occasions he had found himself wanting to tell her everything, about his past - both the one before and after Hydra. Reagan just had that kind of effect on him, she was the first friend he had had since Steve that he felt completely at ease with. As much as he knew he should pull back and disappear out of her life he just couldn't find the strength to do so, finding himself in need of the light she brought into his life.

Bucky wasn't the only one carrying secrets however, Reagan was carrying a big one herself, one that had everything to do with him - and one that he would soon find out himself.

Reagan was on her way to work now, pulling out her phone from her pocket as it pinged with a new message. She laughed as she saw the picture and contact name. Over the last week or so, she had been teaching James how to operate a smart-phone, not commenting on the fact that he was surprised at every small gadget and how some parts of the technology seemed completely unfamiliar to him.

 Over the last week or so, she had been teaching James how to operate a smart-phone, not commenting on the fact that he was surprised at every small gadget and how some parts of the technology seemed completely unfamiliar to him

Laughing out loud at his replies she put her phone back into her pocket as she walked in through the entrance of the small pub. She had the day shift today, luckily. And she was actually looking forwards to spend the night by herself - just her and a book and a self spa. James had said he had to go to work - though where he actually worked was still a mystery to her.

"Hello Stephano" she smiled at the elderly owner of the bar who was wiping down a glass. "Reagan!" He greeted her back, a big smile stretching across his face - "I feel as if I haven't seen you in forever! Blaine says you spend most of your spare time with some man?"

"Blaine really is a nosy little shit." She laughed, showing Stephano she by no means were angry with either of them. "But yeah, I do have a new friend."

"A friend?" Stephano smiled at her with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Yes, old Italian.. James is a friend."

"You kids, no fun.." Stephano said with a chuckle. Then he threw another towel to her, pointing at the wet glasses he were drying. Putting her bag down behind the counter she tied her hair up and started drying the glasses. There were barely any customers in the pub at the moment, just a couple of regulars sipping at their beers as they watched some news roll across one of the small screens that usually was on mute during the night.

She was pleased with the quietness, giving her plenty of time to cleaning up and organizing behind the bar with Stephano. They shared lots of laughters together, the banter between them flowing effortlessly, and usually ending up with her "new friend James", as Stephano now called him.

"Hey, Stephano?" Can you please turn up the news? They are showing a rerun of the bombing in Vienna."

Reagan's eyes too were drawn to the screen as the volume increased. She had of course heard about the bombing of the UN building in Vienna, it had happened yesterday, as parts of the Avengers got ready to sign the Sokovia accords. There had been a few casualties, the King of Wakanda, T'Chaka was probably the most notable one, but she had been saddened by them all. She wasn't sure if she agreed with the accords, but this had been a moment of peaceful interactions between the superheroes and the governments of the world.