Part 19

I was in deep shit.

And I couldn't decide between checking on Tyler's injury or facing my sister's wrath.

My sister was looking at me, her silence demanding me to go to her.

The tension was so tight one could slice it open with a knife.

I looked back at Tyler and I mouthed sister to him, to which he only nodded. I hoped the pain was not getting to him. It was bizarre how his tongue got burnt.

I quickly sent Tyler on his way back home with a promise to call him when I could.

Usually my sis got all excited when she knew or met any of my guy friends (which was seldom or once in a blue moon since I didn't have that many). She always thought I was a prude.

Now she was looking at me as if she was angry. Which shouldn't be the case.

If before she would be jumping up an down with joy, and would most probably be dragging the guy and me into the house for a pre nuptial wine toasting.

"Rica." I ran up and hugged her, happy that she came to visit despite the scandalous scenario she had to witness.

She hugged me back tightly, and I was glad things were still the same with us. For a moment I thought New York had changed her.

I pulled back to get a good look at her. She had matured; her long black hair was now at her shoulders, like a bob framing her face. Her face was slimmer and she had gorgeous cheek bones now. Gone were the baby fats that used to stick to her cheeks.

"You look great," I said happily.

"You too, I can't believe you are so grown up now, little sis. Now you are making out with guys in the car," she bluntly pointed out while I blushed furiously at her remark.

What could be more embarrassing that being caught in the act by your family.

"Are you angry?" I asked timidly.

She sighed heavily.

"No, I'm not. I was just caught by surprise I guess."

"Don't you want to know about the guy?" I wanted to share with her on Tyler, since I couldn't share with my friends.

"Yes and no." she replied.

"Huh? What do you mean?" It wasn't like her, like what I thought earlier on. Did she not like Tyler?

"Yes I'm happy you are finally horny and no I don't like that guy," she finished with a finality tone.

Woah, that hurt, coming from her.

"It doesn't matter what I think, since you like him, now let's go to bed and we will catch up tomorrow," she stifled a yawn before waving me off and going upstairs back to her room.

I sighed. That was my sis. She was someone who spoke her mind and was not afraid to say what she thought. It still hurt though, to hear her saying she didn't like Tyler.

I wondered why.

Lying in bed the same night, I was tossing and turning when I heard a loud thud in my room that made me jumped up in surprise.

I switched on the bedside lamp and squinted my eyes around my room, pulling the blanket closer to me unconsciously.

The lamp by the window was knocked down, probably by the wind.

Feet off my bed, I tip toed to the windows and picked up the lamp, at the same time checking out the street below.

Nothing. One car zoomed by.