Part 18

I was helping Mom to tidy up the guest room for Arica when my cell beeped in my pocket.

Hey remember tomorrow, the game! Dress up! - N

K, I got that. Cya :) - T

The first day jitters came back to me when I went to school the next morning. Deja vu.

Perhaps I should skip the game and tell Tyler I wasn't feeling well.

Don't be a chicken! Another voice screamed in me.

Yeah right, I should just embraced everything and see what happened.

The day passed by quickly, with everyone discussing excitedly about the game and I was surprised it was actually quite a big deal to the school.

We piled into Amanda's silver beetle after school; the game was at Kentridge High.

The carpark was already quite full when we arrived, but we managed to find a spot after 10 minutes of circling around.

When we stepped out of the car, we realized the students had stopped talking to look at us.

Foreign intruders we were.

From a rival team.

As usual I kept my head down and hung onto Nat who was oblivious to the stares we were getting.

"Oh there's Trent! Hey Trent!!" she waved enthusiastically at Trent and a few boys who were walking towards us in their jerseys.

"Nat," Angel warned her. The girls around us were looking at us with narrowed eyes and whispering amongst themselves.

Great. Now we had made such a grand entrance.

"Hey baby, thanks for coming," I heard Trent speaking.

They must had progressed fast for Trent to be calling her that. I had to give it to Nat.

"Hey Tasha." I looked up to Ryan smiling at me, and sending me a wink that made me blushed like crazy.

"Hi Ryan," I said in a small voice, returning the smile.

His grin widened and a few of his team mates nudged him before he playfully shoved them off.

"Babe, we gotta go prepare, Coach is waiting," Trent gave the instructions. He must be the team leader.

"Good luck guys!" "Way to go!" "Beat them senseless!" the crowd around us was cheering.

It was kind of awkward to be talking to them when we were from the rival school. I felt like a traitor.

Ryan caught me by surprise when he pressed something into my hand, when I wasn't looking.

When I looked up, he was already waving and jogging towards the school building with his team mates.

My friends snatched the note out of my hand before I could react.

"Oooh, it's his number!" Nat gushed while opening the slip of paper.

"Tasha, would love to hang out with you some time. Call me. Ryan." Nat imitated his voice and read out the note aloud, which made my face burnt with embarassment.

"He wrote this beforehand! He wanted to give it to you! Omg he's so cute!" Amanda was snatching the note from Nat and re reading it again.

Sometimes I didn't know if I wanted to murder my friends or laughed together with them. They were such a pain in the neck!

"Keep your voices down guys...we might get bitched," Angel was trying to keep the 2 energizer bunnies in check.

"Let's just go to the sports hall," I urged quietly.