X. History

5 Months Later: Michael’s Pov

It’s been 5 months since I found out (Y/n) was carrying my first child.  Words couldn’t describe the amount of overwhelming joy I felt during these past months. It was like the light in my dark world expanded a little,just a little. However, with that joy came the constant worrying and fear that always managed to claw its way into my brain constantly. It could range from small things like, what if (Y/n) didn’t consume enough nutrients for the day or what if she's overworking herself. Those were just the simple what ifs that didn’t really have too much effect on me, but as the months grew, the what ifs became worse. Sometimes I have nightmares about her dying because of me and each time it ends with people saying “It’s what she gets for falling in love with a monster.” I know I shouldn’t worry too much about it since we moved out of the big city, but I can’t help it. Glancing down at the resting figure in my lap,I casually run my fingers through her hair. I notice a small smile graze her sleeping face but soon it fades back into a relaxed expression. Trailing my sight down from her features, it all came to a halt at her rounded baby bump. Placing a gentle hand on her soft bump, a wave of determination and contentment came over me. I will protect her and this child with my life, no one,no thing, or any obstacle will stand in my way or they shall be cut down, I thought while rubbing the soft belly in circular motions. While lost in thought, I felt a slight kick emerge from her stomach. The feeling alone made me feel so happy and relaxed, I could only smile down at her stomach. The sudden movement drew her out of her slumber, as bright (E/c)eyes stared up at me, followed by a happy smile.

 “Michael? What are you up to?” She said, while stretching slightly

I only smiled softly and continued to rub her stomach. The thought of me actually having a child, that was alive and well just engulfed me in a trance. It felt like a perfect harmony, a gentle swaying motion that kept my inner voices and anger at peace. The rage was hidden, the worries were forgotten, all that was left was happiness and tranquility. I felt her hand slip on top of my moving one, pulling me from my thoughts again.

“I know how you feel Michael. I can’t wait to play with the little foot and hold him or her in my arms. I am gonna miss you rubbing my stomach though,” She said, releasing a small chuckle, “What do you think the name should be? What if the baby is a boy or a girl? I wonder what the name should be.”

Smiling to herself, (Y/n) lays her head against my chest and listens to my steady heartbeat. Tucking a stray (h/c) lock behind her ear, I caress her face with my hand as she nuzzled closer to me. I never thought of baby names until now. For a daughter, (Y/n) would be the best name since it's a reminder of what angel quelled my rage. As for a son, nothing comes to mind… Freddy or Jason or maybe even Billy? Stealing a glance at her, I notice her deep in thought, staring into space with furrowed brows. What is she thinking of? Is something troubling her? My brows furrow in curiosity as I reach my hand out to her shoulder. Suddenly, she pops up and leaves my embrace as a bright light shone in her eyes. 

“Ah! What do you think of (girl name) and (boy name)? I’m also thinking about your name for a boy… or even my name for the girl!” (Y/n) exclaims while grinning widely. 

I have no problem eliminating what troubles her but I am glad that it is nothing very serious. It would be a shame to get my hands dirty while she is pregnant, which is when I am needed the most. Releasing a small sigh of relief, I look into her bright, (e/c) orbs before nodding and feeling a small smile form on my lips. Although smiling is strange for me, it seems to come so naturally with her. There is something about (Y/n) that completely engulfs me in a warm, fuzzy feeling: a feeling many people call love. Upon looking at my face, (Y/n)’s smile widens as she releases a giggle, followed by the sensation of her gentle fingers running through my locks. She turns around to face me and cups my cheek with her opposite hand as she stares into my eyes that were full of mysterious intent. Before I could make another move, I feel her soft lips press against my own. She savors my lips as I savor hers as well; her fingers running through my hair while I pull her into my arms. Abruptly, she pulls away and returns to gazing into my eyes with a large smile on her angelic features. 

“I love you so much, Michael. God… words cannot describe how much I am in love with you. I’m so happy I’m the woman bearing your child. I can’t believe I used to hate you at one point but I’m glad I could see the real you that no one else could. You are truly one of a kind, Michael,” she whispers gently, snuggling in my tight embrace.

Hearing her words, I feel my heart throb and a sudden curve at the corners of my lips. Never have words impacted me this much. Feeling a heat swell up in my cheeks, I run my hand through her (h/c) locks gently. In a way, I feel the same as her. When I first saw her, something about her was off and it pissed me off. I couldn’t figure out what it was until I found out that it was not her, it was me. It was me feeling all these weird emotions bubble up inside of me when I thought about or saw her. Those weird emotions I have are the same ones I have now: love. Though I was reluctant at first, I can admit that I am in love with (Y/n). She is what brings me from the depths of my anger; an angel that was destined to be in my life. Any threat toward her will be eradicated immediately, nothing will come between me and her. Whatever it may be, slicing throats or cutting off limb from limb, I will do for her if needed. 

“Michael,” (Y/n)’s soft voice interrupts my thoughts, “Hold me closer.”

Without a thought, I instinctively pulled her closer to my body and felt the warmth radiating off her body. Laying her head against my chest once again, she hears the sound of air entering and leaving my lungs. I feel her plump stomach touch my body, as well as the sensation of her running her hand up and down my back. The room seemed to fade as I focused on her small figure that was clinging against my own. She is the light in my life and the reason why I do not feel such strong urges to plunge my knife into a stranger’s beating heart. She pulls me away from those urges and instead fills my desires with things concerning only her. Nothing will ever harm you and I will cut down anybody who tries to hurt you or my child. I will be here to protect you always, (Y/n).

🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎊

A/N: Thank you everyone for sticking around for the ending of this story! We are  so sorry the wait was rather long, school got the best of us! We hope you all enjoyed the story and do consider reading our other stories! We really appreciate everyone who reads or leaves kudos/likes, it means so much to us! We hope you all enjoyed and have a slashing good rest of your year ;)