V. Danger

His reluctant, brown eyes bore into mine emotionlessly. I could already tell that Michael didn't want to leave my side, like always. He wanted to stay with me and protect me but this time, I have to protect him. I cannot risk his safety once more. This time, I have to be his savior.

"Michael, you have to go."

Shaking his head, he stood firmly in front of me. He had no desire to leave. Sighing in frustration, I tried to think of a way to convince him to leave. Michael is pretty stubborn so this was going to be a task. I can't bribe him in any way because he has no use for money. However, he does care about me. Suddenly, an idea crossed me. I could ask him to leave for my sake? It could work...

"Michael," I interrupted the silence, "I need you to leave... for my protection... for both of our protection."

Michael shot a curious glance at me before putting on his signature mask. Is he finally going to listen to me? He tucked his knife in his pocket and turned around, heading for the back door. A small smile played upon my (s/c) lips. It worked like a charm. He opened the sliding door and stepped into the fresh, crisp outside air. Inhaling deeply, he turned toward the neighbor's treehouse near the left side of the fence and walked. Carefully, he climbed over the fence skillfully and quietly. To be honest, I was impressed with his skills. He landed so smoothly and so delicately, like a falling feather. Like a sly fox, he scaled the ladder and successfully entered the treehouse. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as Michael looked at me without expression. I felt his eyes on my figure while I went back inside the house. Locking the sliding door, I heard a low knock at the front door. My nerves began to tremble as anxiety clouded my consciousness. Is Dr. Loomis already here? No way. What if he saw him go outside? Biting my lip nervously, I walked over to the large, wooden door and looked through the peephole. Sure enough, a tall, blue-eyed male waited outside with a briefcase and puffed on a small cigar. I could tell he was anxious and growing impatient as he tapped his foot demandingly. Hovering my hand above the brass doorknob, I hesitated. I need to get my act together before he sees my distress. Gulping, I released a sigh and regained my calm composure. Holding in my panic, I swung the door open erratically. Fear ran down my spine as he fixed his gaze on me. His eyebrows furrowed for a second but returned to a stasis. Faking a smile, I greeted Dr. Loomis.

"Dr. Loomis, it is a surprise seeing you here."

"(Y/n)," he whispered, puffing his cigar, "I must discuss important matters with you.

"What matters are you concerned about?"

"Michael. He has escaped."

Trying to fake a shocked expression, I lied, "Really? I wouldn't suspect him to escape again. Do you have an idea as to where he went."

Hardening his gaze, he bluntly stated, "Here. He was here."

"W-W-"

Before I could reply, Dr. Loomis forced his way in. Looking around, he walked around the living room where Michael and I were. A wave of relief coursed through me. If would have seen the dead body in my kitchen, he would immediately know. Inhaling deeply, an angry expression formed on his face as his cheeks burned furiously. Glaring at me, he approached me at top speed.

"HE WAS HERE! I CAN SMELL HIS SCENT!

"P-Please, I don't kno-"

"I SMELL... SOMETHING," he growled, shifting his gaze toward the kitchen.

"N-NO THERE'S NOT-"

It was too late. Dr. Loomis went into the kitchen and saw the bloodied body. The dried blood on the tiles cracked beneath his feet as he bent over the body, checking for a pulse. The corpse still had the knife in hand and the mask on. Perhaps this can work as a decoy? A sly smirk played on my lips but immediately faltered. I can't give him any hints. Dr. Loomis, who wore a confused expression, shot his gaze toward me.