Chapter ten

After the meal we left Maddie and Amelia to rest while Francis and I waited for my brothers to get back. Knowing the way my brothers are and how fast they get things done. They will have the culprits here and tied up once the finish their investigation of sorts. "Let's take a walk" Francis picked my hand up and pointed out to the pasture. I looked to him and to the bedroom the girls were in. "They will be fine, just come on" he smiled. This whole trip when we were not worrying about the girls, he was trying to flirt with me.

I stood up from my seat and started to follow him outside. The maids and butlers smiling at us. It was obvious the two of us cared a lot about each other, but it was also obvious that we could not be together at all. Francis held my hand and I did not fight it. "How about it?" He asked. "How about what?" I asked laughing. "Let's get married, you become my wife, me your husband and we are an actual family." His suggestion made my heart feel sad. "You know we can't Francis, if they find out, we will get into trouble"

"No just hear me out" he laughed. I looked to him confused and let him continue. "We can marry here in America, no one in Europe will know. We can go to the courthouse tomorrow on an errand run...and marry" he had everything planned out so well like he was thinking about it for so long. It was a good plan. No one would have know it was us, and there would be no evidence of it in Europe. "The girls...we need to be at their side , if we leave who would watch them?"

"They have your brothers and the servants to help them, and plenty of rest they need to be catching up on." Francis said making me nod. He did have a point and the whole thing just sounded crazy. I loved him, I always have and always will, the restrictions of that love was the only thing holding us back. I tried thinking about it more...but Francis...got down on one knee. "Francis get up, what if someone sees" I looked around making sure the servants were not around. "Miss England, Miss Alice Kirkland, would you do me the honor of being the happiest man on earth by marrying me?"

"Honestly, you are making a scene. You could have just asked me normally , instead of being dramatic" I started laughing at him while holding back some of my tears. " I will marry you Francis, once the girls are well. I can't fully be okay without my girls okay" I smiled at him. "Yes of course, as long as you said yes" Francis laughed. He stood back up and picked me up with great force. Spinning me around in the air. "Francis put me down!" I laughed.

"On god Francis! Put me down" I could not stop laughing at his behavior. Once he put me down from the spin cycle in the air, he dipped me into a kiss. "Gosh , what has gotten into you today?" I asked asked shocked. His kiss sent butterflies throughout my body. I was in heaven and felt complete in the world. Not lonely or sad like most days living a never ending life. I felt complete from that kiss. Like it is what was missing in my life. "I just love you Alice, so much, I want the world to know, and I want to make it official. After hundreds of years and not being able to do it, I finally give up on following the rules."

He was so cute when he got all happy like this. "I love you too" I smiled at him. I took a breath from all the laughing and lay down on the grass. It was a beautiful day out and I did not want to waste it. "Once your brothers come with those men, I will do my best not to get out of control. I promise that you got this, I trust you." Francis smiled, laying in the grass beside me.

"Oh really? So you won't step I like you did at the shop when we first arrived here?" I asked. "To be fair, he wasn't going to let you do anything without a husband...and you don't have one....well not yet at least" I nudged his shoulder laughing. "You called me your wife back there, were you really trying to play house?" I asked with a goofy grin. "Never , I would never want to play. Because I want it to be real" he looked up at the sky and I could tell he felt content with himself at the moment.

"Miss England !!! Mr. France!!!! They are back! Your brothers!! They are back from their search. And they brought those men with them. All three of them." Liz came running out into the pasture to tell Francis and I. "I guess that is our cue" he laughed. As much as I wanted to stay laying on the grass, I knew that my duty was to go in there and deal with those men. Francis helped me to my feet, and we both started to walk inside the house together. As much as I disliked those men....I needed to go easy on them.

"We got them Alice, what do you plan on doing with them?" My brothers asked excited. The men were tied up and their heads were covered with a potato sack. I had a plan on how to deal with them already so I was just waiting. "Thank you , was it trouble finding them?" I asked. The three of them laughed and shook their head. "Nope, they suck at getting rid of the clues. It seemed to fit together very easily" Seamas laughed. "That is good to hear . Now then....let's begin shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️