𝐓𝐖𝐎

Maya smiled sweetly as soon as she saw Phil

Maya smiled sweetly as soon as she saw Phil. She stood beside him, both of them overlooking the other agents who were busy staring at their computer screens. They were monitoring every access they had to every satellite up in space, turning every cell and camera into their eyes and ears.

Out of her right peripheral vision, she noticed Steve walking towards them. She greeted him as he approached and he did the same.

"Ma'am." He accompanied his greeting with a smile. Then he dropped his smile and frowned at her.

"Have we met before? You look..familiar."

Taken aback, Maya realised, her father had never mentioned her to him. And if her guess was right, he probably hasn't mentioned her to Dr. Banner as well.

"No, we haven't Captain. You must have mistaken me for another person."

"Sorry. Sleeping for 70 years does that to a person I guess. You try your hardest to find a familiar face in the midst of new surroundings."

He looked down at his feet. "It eases me, to know that maybe some things haven't changed. Makes me feel less alone."

"I'm sorry," Maya apologised, "Must have been hard to adapt."

Steve nodded his head, agreeing.

"Well if you need anything, I can help you out. I'm Maya." She held her hands out for Steve to shake them.

He appreciated the gesture. Almost everyone in the helicarrier were either too busy or too afraid to talk to him. Finally, he thought, a friendly face.

Phil's jealous scoff made the duo realise they weren't alone. Maya smirked unknowingly and turned back to Steve, who had a coy smile.

"Have you met Agent Coulson?"

"I have, yes. Agent." He nodded at Phil.

"Has he told you about his Captain America cards-"

"Maya!" Phil half whispered, half yelled. Maya and Steve let out small giggles.

"He didn't, but uh," Steve said trying to control his laughter, "Agent Romanoff did."

Maya hissed. Of course Nat would backstab Phil like that. The two of them were always bantering with each other. She looked towards Phil who looked like he was about to cry in embarrassment. He straightened himself before starting to speak again.

"It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but I am proud."

He looked towards Steve, "If it's not too much trouble."

"No, no it's fine." As the three of them talked amongst themselves, Agent Sitwell called from his desk, rather frantically.

"We got a hit. 67 percent match." Maya took a few steps forward, placing herself behind Sitwell.