Kikumaru Eiji

1/2 of Seigaku's Golden Pair. Awesome Acrobatics player.

Mukahi Gakuto of Hyotei's rival forever.

And of course, your ultimate best friend. Well, best guy friend to be exact.

Who wouldn't be friends with this friendly, playful, sweet-tempered, outgoing, cat? I mean, person?

Ouch, best friend zone for him, eh?

You have known each other for years. I mean, what's wrong with a few yards away from his house right?

He taught (tried to teach) you tennis, acrobatics and all the things he were good at.

But you just weren't meant for those.

Especially at cooking. He reminded himself not to let you step foot in their kitchen ever again.

And you hated bugs. Well, more like scared.

Despite your many differences, your friendship still remained strong.

As a cliche part, you had to move to another place. And the two of you seldom see or talk with each other.

You didn't have cellphones back then, sad to say.

At first, he too, just thought of you as his cute little bunny, I mean buddy.

But hey. You two are teens now. What else could happen?

Well, you two just happened to bump into each other in a certain pet shop.

Any idea what happened next?

Yeap. Bearhugs. Bearhugs everywhere. Ultimate bearhug!

It was a big, happy reunion. And of course, the others (Seigaku tennis regulars) had thought you were his secret girlfriend.

You swore your face was red as his hair the moment they said that.

You told him a certain acrobatics player reminded you of him. Yeap, you're in Hyotei so obviously it's Gakuto.

He asked you who was better but then you said it has been a long, long time since you last saw him play.

So you promised you'd cheer for him during the Regionals when they will go against Hyotei.

You were hated the day after that said match. So you urged your parents to go back to where you once lived.

Yay, welcome to Seigaku. Oh, wanna know what happened during the said match?

Well, as Eiji was about to give the finishing blow, he said this.

"Zannen, Munen... Aishiteru~!"

After landing on the ground, he aimed his racket at you and grinned.

Like I said, you became hated. One, you were cheering for Seigaku when you should cheer for Hyotei.

Two, who knew Eiji had fangirls too?

Anyway, at least you were the one and only girl for him.

I forgot to mention, that phrase's meaning was this.

'Too bad, no regrets... I love you.'